1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't order Sky+ from Sky's Website

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by colin99, Jul 2, 2003.

1. colin99

colin99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been trying to order Sky+ from the Sky Website but my house has just been built and my house number isn't listed when I enter the post code.

I called Sky and was told that installation cost is £49. I tried to explain that the install cost on the Website is £1 but didn't get anywhere.

Is there a way around this, it seems a shame to pay an extra £48 just because Sky's postcode file isn't up to date. The only thing I can think of is to book the install with the wrong address then call them up to change the details?

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Send them an email politely explaining the problem - don't start ranting- pointing out that it's unfair to penalise you over this (though who said life or Rupert Murdoch was fair?).

3. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    We had the same problem as you when we moved to a new house last September..at the time the deal was just Sky for a pound..so we did as you have tried, and rang them up and explained their postcode checker was not up to date..the houses on the other side of the road were OK etc, and they honoured the on-line price..so give them another try and see what happens.