cant make up my mind Tosh or Sony

N

necroscope

why is it so hard to pick a new tv ... i keep jumping between Tosh 28ZD26 or the Sony 28LS60 lik both but i dont really like the Tosh Stand

it seems it is about 50/50 on what people think of the 28ZD26 but it seems most people are happy with there 28LS60 and some even changeing there ZD26 for a LS60

the only thing thats stopping me just going for the LS60 is the Pioneer dv-545 that i have and by all accounts does not play well with LS60 and also the LS60 has 2 RGB Scarts would be very handy but then the ZD26 has it advantages ....

so really would it be worth selling either my Pioneer dv-545 or my Tosh SD100 (wife's dvd player) but then i would have to get a Sony dvd that is as good or better than the dv-545 which seems either the dvp ns705 or dvp ns905

thanks for any help

Have you thought of another make like Philips?

I had the toshiba 28zd26P and it had a buzzing noise on 100 hz mode, i've just got off the phone with qed-uk and i have asked for a sony 28ls60 as a replacement because after seeing it in the sony shop i think its definitely as good and doesnt seem to have any major faults either. Also the stand that comes with the Tosh is a joke!!

Ah Yes I have seen the one you mean. It was in my local Safeways - looked like it was going to fall off :D really ruined the visual aspect of the TV.

Paul

i have looked at the Philips but i cant seem to find a 100Hz in my price range up to £700 ... seems like all the under £700 are 50Hz but the more i think about it the more i know i need 2 RGB Scarts ... but i keep wondering if i need 100Hz it is my first WS and the first time i have spent this kind of money on a tv .... i just want as few a problems as possible

I think you may well find a few more probs with a 100Hz set,as quite a few people have had in these Forums and with Sony and Toshiba sets.

The Panasonic 100Hz PL10 review didn't go down well with What Video & TV due to it's 100Hz.

It is possible to RGB daisy chain equipment together into 1 RGB Scart socket.

My Philips 32in PW6006 was only £500 delivered without stand and is excellent value for money,with a cracking picture and fantastic with my JVC SVHS video recorder.

Or there's this one,Philips 32PW6515C Ctv 76cm 16:9 Virt.Dolby F/Text Inc Cab. £699.97 @ Empire.

Or check out the reviews of other makes on this site.

It's a minefield I know.

Thanks Wayne

i've had a look at the Philips reviews and messages seem alot of peeps are unhappy with the 28PW6006 Bad RGB - Bad Geometry

But most peeps on here recommended the 28PW6515 as a mighty fine tv

Also looking at the 28LS35 because i think the pioneer dv-545 works without any probs with the LS35 unlike the LS60

i'm going down to my local dixons and currys too see if they have both sets and what they look like compared to each other. The hopefully i might have made my mind up once and for all but i am not holding out much hope of that :D

I also plan on getting a amp and speakers looking at the Denon 1802 Black £290 (shame its not in silver) and a speaker package for about £300 ... have to be sat speakers coz i dont have enough room to swing a cat .

then get to play my R1 R2 and R4 how they should be played :D

Just took delivery of the sony 28LS60 as a replacement for my toshiba 28ZD26P, and first impressions are very very good. Firstly the thing doesnt buzz not one bit, secondly the picture is alot better than the Toshiba, thirdly the build quality is alot better than the Tosh abd lastly it comes with a quality stand. Ok so it might not have component inputs and progressive scanning but it makes up for this on the points i mentioned above.

I think i spoke to soon about the sony. Since i got back from work, the whole thing is failing big time, only 1 of the 3 scarts work, the remote control hardly works, it wouldnt power up and now to top it off the tube has gone bad because it is just showing a quarter of the picture now. Oh well, i thought my tv troubles had come to an end!!!

I would recommend a Panasonic TV.

I have haad mine for 2 years, There hasnt been a day yet, that i have regreted buying it (i have the 32" PK25, or something like that)

Buying a TV today is a nightmare!

I've been hunting for a 28" WS for a while, trying to get the most for my money and have come down to three... although they all seem to have problems :rolleyes:

Panasonic 28PL10, Sony KV28FX66 and the Tosh 28ZD26. The Tosh got my attention because of the progressive scan, although the buzzing problem and the horrible stand have put me off it. The sony seem's to have a whole host of problems, and it costs more than the other two. The PL10 also doesn't fair up to well with quite a few complaints on this board :(

Now I'm back at square one no idea what to get! I'd love to get a Loewe, but there 28'ers cost a grand :eek:

Not to keen on Philips, had to many bad experiences...

Prob gonna end up going for one of the three and seeing how it goes... if it annoys me to much I'll have to return it.

This is what you get for 550-650 :( Hassle!

ok went to my local dixons last week and currys but guess where currys put the delivery they were getting in ... right in front of all the tv's :(

Dixons never had the Philips tv in but the had the Sony LS35 ... LS60 and Panny PL1 and PL10

They all had dvds on and the one tv that looked alot better than the rest was the Panny PL1 playing Harry Potter was a very good pic could not see and probs with the picture ... Then the LS60 playing MI:2 picture was good but not as good as the PL1

the PL1 seems to get a good response on this board could be i may have found my 28" Widescreen ... that is until i go to my local Comet SuperStore and that just gets me all confused again :rolleyes:

Originally posted by necroscope
ok went to my local dixons last week and currys but guess where currys put the delivery they were getting in ... right in front of all the tv's :(

Dixons never had the Philips tv in but the had the Sony LS35 ... LS60 and Panny PL1 and PL10

They all had dvds on and the one tv that looked alot better than the rest was the Panny PL1 playing Harry Potter was a very good pic could not see and probs with the picture ... Then the LS60 playing MI:2 picture was good but not as good as the PL1

the PL1 seems to get a good response on this board could be i may have found my 28" Widescreen ... that is until i go to my local Comet SuperStore and that just gets me all confused again :rolleyes:

The PL1 has just been added to the reviews on this site,check it,it might be worth a try.

Panasonics Quintrix tubes can be fantastic,but as you know,they have had problems.I had one with a 32in widescreen one.Shame,as the 29in 4:3 had amazing contrast and colours.

I've just bought a Philips 32PW6515 I would recommend (QED £604 delivered),It's virtually faultless,very impressive,http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45885.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom