Can't make PS3 SIXAXIS be Controller 1

nickb23

Hi All,

i have a 40G PS3 with a belkin USB hub. I have attached to that an Eye Toy, Buzz dongle and a Singstar Dongle. I turn on the PS3 with another sixaxis controller, but it seems to always become controller 2. This then means I cannot play games with it. I have to unplug everything, then restart the PS3 for it to be seen as Controller 1.

Can anyone tell me how this works. Is there a way of doing this so that the controller will always be seen as controller 1?

Hope this makes sense.

Many thanks

Nick

Gunhawk

Distinguished Member
Hi All,

i have a 40G PS3 with a belkin USB hub. I have attached to that an Eye Toy, Buzz dongle and a Singstar Dongle. I turn on the PS3 with another sixaxis controller, but it seems to always become controller 2. This then means I cannot play games with it. I have to unplug everything, then restart the PS3 for it to be seen as Controller 1.

Can anyone tell me how this works. Is there a way of doing this so that the controller will always be seen as controller 1?

Hope this makes sense.

Many thanks

Nick

i dont think there is a way to stop this, apart from leave the other attachments unplugged whenever you turn the ps3.

It does the same for me, but when i have the Guitar Hero 3 dongle in.

The Singstar dongle doesnt cause it (as far as i have found) so its most likely the eyetoy or Buzz dongle. (im betting on Buzz)

If you hold down the PS button in the middle of the controller when in game (not on XMB) then you should be able to re-assign the controller back to no:1

:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 92943

The Buzz dongle auto syncs to controller 1 and it can't be changed. Your controller will be synced as player 2. It's a pain

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
I believe it finds the fist controller device it sees and sets this as controller one.

If you turn on the PS3 with the Sixaxis with no other controllers attached it will set it as controller 1.

grey fox

I sometimes get this because I leave the dongle for my guitar plugged in so the sixaxis is assigned as controller 2. What I do is go to System>Accessories and there is an option to reassign the controller number, and I manually set it to 1. Hopefully if you try this you won't have to unplug everything and reboot.

Chrisoldinho

What I do is go to System>Accessories and there is an option to reassign the controller number, and I manually set it to 1. Hopefully if you try this you won't have to unplug everything and reboot.

I tried this and it does work until Buzz for example is started up again, as soon as you use the Buzz Controllers it resets.

I'm afraid the only way to workaround this that I know works is to hold down the "PS" button and re-assign the controller to "1", it only takes about 5 seconds in fairness and most games do work when sync'd to port 2 anyway, it's just games like GT5P and a few others that you need to do the above.

Chris.

Ed the Penguin

Apologies if I'm wrong, but doesn't it assign it to 1 if you turn it on by pressing the PS button on the controller?

fid

Apologies if I'm wrong, but doesn't it assign it to 1 if you turn it on by pressing the PS button on the controller?

correct

just press the ps button on your controller and the select reassign controller and select 1 (no need to restart the ps3) ... some games will work with it assigned as controller 2 (such as burnout) some will not (such as warhawk)

takes less than 5 seconds to sort

It's definitely the buzz dongle, so if it annoys you, then you can just remove it and reattach it whenever you want to play buzz (depends how much you play buzz i suppose)

:smashin:

[sorry i didn't read chrisoldinho's post who answered the same as me]

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom