Can't login to my Qnap TS 219P+

chukwe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've had my Qnap for a year now and been using the default credentials for login into my NAS (user:admin, pass: admin).

I've never changed the credentials and never created a new one.

Last night, I couldn't login to the Qnap with a message "Invalid username or password". My network map to the Qnap on my Laptop is still working, but can't get into the Admin site.

Has someone had this issue before? Has my login details expired? Or has someone hacked into my system?

Are you using internet explorer? I have always had problems in using the latest version of IE to log onto my QNAP and use Firefox instead.

I would suggest that you do a basic reset by pressing the reset button for 3 seconds (don't press it for 10 seconds as this is an advanced reset);

From the QNAP manual;

"When you press the reset button for 3 seconds, a beep sound will be heard. The following settings are reset to default:
System administration password: admin
TCP/IP configuration: Obtain IP address settings automatically via DHCP
TCP/IP configuration: Disable Jumbo Frame
TCP/IP configuration: If port trunking is enabled (dual LAN models only), the port trunking mode will be reset to “Active Backup (Failover)”.
System Port: 8080 (system service port)
Security Level: Low (Allow all connections)"

If you then get into your QNAP, may I suggest that you change the default admin password to something else :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom