1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant load my driver for Sony camera

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Scania94, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Scania94

Scania94

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Sony Trv 22 video camera but my computer will not accept the driver so cannot use the Imagemixer program supplied with it.
    Has anyone any suggestions, my computer is from Time and is only one year old with sufficient memory etc...

2. snelly

snelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    well,

what Operating System is it? XP? Are you running the latest service packs etc? That out of the way what error do you get and which driver are you trying to install? There could be drivers for stills capture over USB, Firewire capture cards etc...

Tim

3. Scania94

Scania94

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for coming back to me Tim. I am running Window ME which I continually update. The disc I have is from Imagemixer for Sony which includes Sony usb driver and on the disc is written spvd-010 usb driver. On running I am instructed to click on handycam, one loaded I am to remove the disc and reboot. I try to remove the disc but am met with a window telling me I am trying to remove disc and the computer shuts down before I am able to remove the disc. On restarting nothing is in the Device manager where it should be according to the manual. is this any help?

4. devastator

devastator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I have just got the TRV 22, couldn't get the USB to work at first. Read the manual :) and it tells you to enable the USB streaming 1st on the camcorder.

Installed the drivers.
    Rebooted.
    Connected the Camcorder to USB cable.. Machine picked it up.
    Loaded the Sony software, it picked up the Camcorder..
    ALL WORKING :) ..... not sure if you have the same issue.

5. Scania94

Scania94

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I will give it a try and get back to you. I did manage to get the photo side of it working. Jeff

6. Scania94

Scania94

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Devastator, I tried what you suggested and have got it all running now, many thanks to you and tim for answering my query now all I have to do is practice etc.. Thanks again
    Jeff