• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can't Install itunes on work PC, pls HELP!!

S

subyourlife

When I tried to install itunes on work pc, an error showed up saying "no authorization to install Bonjour service" and stopped the installation.

Does anyone know how I could unblock or bypass this authorization setting imposed by my internal IT department?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
If they've done their job right, then you can't bypass it.

dwhite

Distinguished Member
If you did manage to bypass it, you probably would be subject to displinary action if ever found out.

spudtator

Prominent Member
Sorry to sound negative, but this kind of thing infuriates me. I work in IT support.
You kind of summed it up in your first few words. 'Work PC'. That's exactly what it is. A PC supplied and paid for by your company to do your job on.
I remember when Google Earth came out and the problems it caused for a lot of our users.

Apologies for the rant, but I hope you get the idea.

spud

stevelup

Distinguished Member
I bet you never visit a single non work related website on your work PC either :)

I'm a director of a small business (30ish employees), and I think giving people a *bit* of freedom creates a much better working environment.

It also weeds out bad apples as well as it's those bad apples who will abuse being given freedom!

I can't see what real harm can be done with iTunes although I can see how bonjour could cause problems on a corporate LAN.

Steve

spudtator

Prominent Member
Never mate ;)
Agree with pretty much all of what you have to say.
We try to accomodate users request for new software or new systems, but they have to be tested.
As a point of interest. Where I work, a user installing iTunes on their PC would also install Quicktime. This conflicts with the version of Quicktime on their corporate desktop and stops both versions of Quicktime and iTunes working.

I'm basically saying, if you need something, ask IT to help.

As for the original post. It's clearly not work related.

spud

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom