cant get xbox360 to work with tversity!

jayr6666

Novice Member
Hi,
I've followed all the tutorialls but to no availl,nothing is working!How do i get the xbox to recognise tversity?cheers.

jayr6666

Novice Member
c'mon guys[and girls!]i've got 50 movies on my hard drive that i cant be bothered to write to disc!really want to get this to work!

D

dlpfan

c'mon guys[and girls!]i've got 50 movies on my hard drive that i cant be bothered to write to disc!really want to get this to work!
Perhaps explain your current setup and what you have tried. What messages you are receiving, etc. It might invite some responses then.

good luck.

jayr6666

Novice Member
Have you disabled/configured the firewall on the PC. That gave me a problem.
Thanks for the reply.Yeah,its set to allow tversity.Sorry,forgot to mention im on a wireless network{netgear rangemax],do i need to configure the router?What should i be seeing on the xbox dash because its only showing content thats in "my videos".Should i be seeing the tversity gui or just the content?Cheers.

dUnKle

Thanks for the reply.Yeah,its set to allow tversity.Sorry,forgot to mention im on a wireless network{netgear rangemax],do i need to configure the router?What should i be seeing on the xbox dash because its only showing content thats in "my videos".Should i be seeing the tversity gui or just the content?Cheers.

yeah - you need to allow a few ports through

cant remember which ones but someone told me in a thread on here - will try find for you

edit - try here

oakie

Don't know about wireless.
Have you shared the PC folder the media is in.
selected 360 as the output device in tversity settings.
On the xbox dash under video>PC you should see tversity> then just a list of your files.
For some reason tversity doesn't like long file names - if you get a message saying this media isn't supported (or something to that effect) reduce the file name and it should work.

gl

jayr6666

Novice Member
Don't know about wireless.
Have you shared the PC folder the media is in.
selected 360 as the output device in tversity settings.
On the xbox dash under video>PC you should see tversity> then just a list of your files.
For some reason tversity doesn't like long file names - if you get a message saying this media isn't supported (or something to that effect) reduce the file name and it should work.

gl
ok,thanks for the advice.just remembered i havent turned the sharing off in windows media player!could that be it?

jayr6666

Novice Member
yeah - you need to allow a few ports through

cant remember which ones but someone told me in a thread on here - will try find for you

edit - try here
Thanks,dunkle,have port forwarded but nothing!Do you have tversity on your pc?Can anyone help with this?Do i need ffdshow and splitter to get this to work?And what about this 360 patch thats mentioned in your link?Im not very pc literate and am very close to junking this and encoding all my movies instead!Help!

systemsdead

Distinguished Member
yes u need ffdshow and flv filesplitter as regards the 360 patch i believe that its is not needed anymore,so if you havent downloaded the new tversity uninstal present one and give new version a try,its worth it in the end believe me as encoding is very time consuming,out of about 250 xvid divx files ive only had around 6 that have not worked,but this is down to a sound issue i think.

Mattk84

Banned
Have just installed this and kinda got it working.Dl'ed FFDshow followed another link on here ie disabled media player sharing and re-added computer and tversity appeared.somehow got music working but when i go to video i get 1100+ files none of which are mine so i assume they are net streams ?

The folders containing my vids are added so how do i get them to appear on the 360 and not the other 1100 files ?!

cheers.

jayr6666

Novice Member
Have just installed this and kinda got it working.Dl'ed FFDshow followed another link on here ie disabled media player sharing and re-added computer and tversity appeared.somehow got music working but when i go to video i get 1100+ files none of which are mine so i assume they are net streams ?

The folders containing my vids are added so how do i get them to appear on the 360 and not the other 1100 files ?!

cheers.
matt,did you install ffdshow and splitter into system32?could you give me [or anyone]awalk through on this?I'm not at all computer savvy so any help would be great.Do i just install ffdshow as normal and extract splitter to system 32?Have done this but when i try to install splitter using the cmd prompt it says module not found!ggggggrrrrrrrr!

doshim

Hi there
I too can not get tversity to work. Although i see the video files on the 360 they tell me how long each video is. however when i select play on the 360 nothing happens for a while after which i get a message saying lost connection to router.
I have a wireless BT voyager 2000 router with the 360 wireless adaptor.
I think i have followed all the correct procedures.
just confused why if the 360 is seeing the file but not playing it.
anyone?

Mattk84

Banned
matt,did you install ffdshow and splitter into system32?could you give me [or anyone]awalk through on this?I'm not at all computer savvy so any help would be great.Do i just install ffdshow as normal and extract splitter to system 32?Have done this but when i try to install splitter using the cmd prompt it says module not found!ggggggrrrrrrrr!

mate,i simply installed ffd show to .....somewhere and couldnt extract the flv thingy.maybe i should just drop it in sys32 and see what happens.i got my music working somehow...one minute not working the next minute i clicked something and there they all were ! but vids ive got 1100+ vids none of which are mine !

DD3

Novice Member
you have stoped windows media player from sharing havent you? (assume you had previously loaded tried WM11.)

jayr6666

Novice Member
mate,i simply installed ffd show to .....somewhere and couldnt extract the flv thingy.maybe i should just drop it in sys32 and see what happens.i got my music working somehow...one minute not working the next minute i clicked something and there they all were ! but vids ive got 1100+ vids none of which are mine !
ive got it to work now but like you i've got 500+vids that are not mine!Matt,extract the splitter rar to your desktop,you should have two files or folders,open one at atime until you see splitter.ax[333k,i think]and then copy them to the windows/system32 individually,then copy and paste that splitter cmd thing into that black dos type window and it should install!!was on with this for ages because i wasnt opening the splitter files.hope this helps.
by the way,im getting loads of unsupported file format on xbox,its only playing avi's at the moment.any help with this?I thought the ffdshow took care of all this?regards

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom