cant get tv splitter to work...

narendar

Novice Member
Reaction score
I just bought a brand new tv splitter/amplifier (16 Way Diglink Amplifier c/w 4G Filter, 16 Way Diglink Amplifier c/w 4G Filter) but I cant get any signal from any of the outputs. I've connected the RF2 output from my skybox to the UHF input on the amp and then connected a TV directly to one of the 16 ouputs (sevaral of them separately, just to be sure), but nothing. When I connect the RF2 ouptut directly in to the TV, it works ok, so definitely no problem with that cable. There is a power light on the amp so it's plugged in ok, but I can only think that there is some problem with the amp itself. It's possible I may be missing something else but would appreciate any suggestions before I take it back to the shop.

Thanks!

Nick P.

I just bought a brand new tv splitter/amplifier (16 Way Diglink Amplifier c/w 4G Filter, 16 Way Diglink Amplifier c/w 4G Filter) but I cant get any signal from any of the outputs. I've connected the RF2 output from my skybox to the UHF input on the amp and then connected a TV directly to one of the 16 ouputs (sevaral of them separately, just to be sure), but nothing. When I connect the RF2 ouptut directly in to the TV, it works ok, so definitely no problem with that cable. There is a power light on the amp so it's plugged in ok, but I can only think that there is some problem with the amp itself. It's possible I may be missing something else but would appreciate any suggestions before I take it back to the shop.

Thanks!

Nick P.
Have you read the note on the installation instructions?

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Labgear/LDL212_LDL216_Instructions.pdf

If yes and you have done as required, then it might be faulty.

Yes! That was exactly the reason! Also, some of the plug connections weren't great so I changed them all, but the changing the output frequency from the default of 68 to 59 did the job. Don't know how I missed that in the instructions. Thanks a lot!

Nick.

You're welcome. The splitter can't even 'see' the frequency of the default Sky box RF output, let alone amplify and split it. It is surprising the instructions don't have that bit a little more upfront. The frequencies it handles are clear but what that means in channel terms isn't really quite so clear. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom