cant get tv splitter to work...

narendar

Novice Member
I just bought a brand new tv splitter/amplifier (16 Way Diglink Amplifier c/w 4G Filter, 16 Way Diglink Amplifier c/w 4G Filter) but I cant get any signal from any of the outputs. I've connected the RF2 output from my skybox to the UHF input on the amp and then connected a TV directly to one of the 16 ouputs (sevaral of them separately, just to be sure), but nothing. When I connect the RF2 ouptut directly in to the TV, it works ok, so definitely no problem with that cable. There is a power light on the amp so it's plugged in ok, but I can only think that there is some problem with the amp itself. It's possible I may be missing something else but would appreciate any suggestions before I take it back to the shop.

Thanks!

Nick P.

outoftheknow

I just bought a brand new tv splitter/amplifier (16 Way Diglink Amplifier c/w 4G Filter, 16 Way Diglink Amplifier c/w 4G Filter) but I cant get any signal from any of the outputs. I've connected the RF2 output from my skybox to the UHF input on the amp and then connected a TV directly to one of the 16 ouputs (sevaral of them separately, just to be sure), but nothing. When I connect the RF2 ouptut directly in to the TV, it works ok, so definitely no problem with that cable. There is a power light on the amp so it's plugged in ok, but I can only think that there is some problem with the amp itself. It's possible I may be missing something else but would appreciate any suggestions before I take it back to the shop.

Thanks!

Nick P.
Have you read the note on the installation instructions?

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Labgear/LDL212_LDL216_Instructions.pdf

If yes and you have done as required, then it might be faulty.

narendar

Novice Member
Yes! That was exactly the reason! Also, some of the plug connections weren't great so I changed them all, but the changing the output frequency from the default of 68 to 59 did the job. Don't know how I missed that in the instructions. Thanks a lot!

Nick.

outoftheknow

You're welcome. The splitter can't even 'see' the frequency of the default Sky box RF output, let alone amplify and split it. It is surprising the instructions don't have that bit a little more upfront. The frequencies it handles are clear but what that means in channel terms isn't really quite so clear. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom