Can't get TrueHD from Panasonic DMP-BDT310 to Onkyo TX-NR807

maxbrooker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All, need some help with getting my new set-up to work with Dolby TrueHD. I have just got a Panasonic DMP-BDT310 Bluray player to go with my new Optoma HD33 3D PJ.

Unfortunately my Onkyo TX-NR807 is not 3D capable, hence why I bought the Panasonic Bluray player as it has 2 HDMI outputs to support legacy AV receivers.

So on the bluray player I have AV OUT MAIN going direct to the PJ and the AV OUT SUB going to the Onkyo to process the Audio only.

Settings on the Blueray are:
“HDMI Audio Output” to “On”.
“HDMI(SUB) Output Mode” to “V.OFF (Video Off)”.
"Digital Audio Output" set to "Bitstream".
"BD-Video Secondary Audio" set to "OFF".

On the Blueray Disc setting I have selected "ENGLISH Dolby 7.1 TrueHD".

On the Onkyo:
"Listening Mode for DVD/BD set to "Dolby TrueHD" Last Valid

With these settings, when I play the 3D Bluray disc the Onkyo displays "Dolby PLIIx Movie" and all my 7.1 speaker indicators light up. The surround seems to be working and actually sounds good, but I assumed the display would be showing Dolby TrueHD and would possibly sound even better - so what am I actually getting?

I tried changing the Listening mode manually, but out of all the options TrueHD is not listed?

My 7.1 speaker configuration uses rear surrounds and not front height... would that have any bearing on it?

Is there something I am missing in the settings on either or both of the devices?

Any Ideas?

No worries... Got it sorted... And it sounds fantastic :)

What did you do? It could help someone else in the future.

It was a bit of a schoolboy error... I'd reset the BD player back to defaults and had forgotten to re-check the HDMI(SUB) Output Mode was set to V.OFF(Video Off).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom