Can't get the Sky Travel, Sky News, UK History and Music Vid channels in Glasgow?

K

Kenneth.Hoiland

I retuned my Panasonic and got the radio stations fine but none of the additional TV channels were loaded. I have all other offers on Freeview. Anyone else in Glasgow West or elsewhere experience anything similar? Could it be my aerial? Are they on another MUX perhaps?

Kenneth

P

Paul Young

You will probably need a wide gain aerial? Mines works fine and get all channels from Blackhill transmitter and i have a wide gain aerial. The other channels your are not getting are on different MUXs. Also if you have an old ITV Digital box and have a card in the box take it out and retune again.

K

Kenneth.Hoiland

Thanks Paul
Does anyone have a list of the MUX's and their respective channels. I find it annoying that everything has been working fine, and I can't get the new channels. Are they all on the same MUX?

I have the following channels plus/minus a few

BBC one
BBC two
ITV
Channel 4
Channel five /Five
ITV 2
BBC Choice / BBC Three
Teletext
BBC Four
QVC
TV Travelshop
CBBC
CBeebies
BBC News 24
ITN News Channel (5.30 - 9.00 am only)
BBC Parlment (audio only)
Four text
BBC i
ntl

Channel 14 (coming soon)

ITV News (previsisily ITN News, now 24/7)

Radio

1xtra
bbc radio 5
bbc radio 5l spts xtra
bbc 6 music
bbc asian nw

interactive

A new aerial is out of the question as I live in a flat. Can't get SKY because of building restrictions and there is no digital cable available. p***** me off.

P

Paul Young

That is a bummer about the aerial situation your are in. Without the wide gain aerial assuming it is the reason for not getting other channels? Without the upgrade you are snookered. Have a look at this for the relevent channels and correct numbers positions. www.dvb-t.co.uk click on channels and muxs for groups of channels

J

jim.rae

You don't need a new aerial if you are getting pictures from either Black Hill or Darvel - all the DTT channels are within the old channel groupings.

You say you live in the west of Glasgow which could be either of these transmitters - depends which was your aerial points, east for Black Hill or south(ish) for Darvel.

If you are getting signals from a local relay, that could be a problem.

The first thing to do is find out where your DTT signals are coming from and take it from there...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom