Can't get the Sky Travel, Sky News, UK History and Music Vid channels in Glasgow?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Kenneth.Hoiland, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Kenneth.Hoiland

Kenneth.Hoiland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I retuned my Panasonic and got the radio stations fine but none of the additional TV channels were loaded. I have all other offers on Freeview. Anyone else in Glasgow West or elsewhere experience anything similar? Could it be my aerial? Are they on another MUX perhaps?

Kenneth

2. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You will probably need a wide gain aerial? Mines works fine and get all channels from Blackhill transmitter and i have a wide gain aerial. The other channels your are not getting are on different MUXs. Also if you have an old ITV Digital box and have a card in the box take it out and retune again.

3. Kenneth.Hoiland

Kenneth.Hoiland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Paul
    Does anyone have a list of the MUX's and their respective channels. I find it annoying that everything has been working fine, and I can't get the new channels. Are they all on the same MUX?

I have the following channels plus/minus a few

BBC one
    BBC two
    ITV
    Channel 4
    Channel five /Five
    ITV 2
    BBC Choice / BBC Three
    Teletext
    BBC Four
    QVC
    TV Travelshop
    CBBC
    CBeebies
    BBC News 24
    ITN News Channel (5.30 - 9.00 am only)
    BBC Parlment (audio only)
    Four text
    BBC i
    ntl

Channel 14 (coming soon)

ITV News (previsisily ITN News, now 24/7)

Radio

1xtra
    bbc radio 5
    bbc radio 5l spts xtra
    bbc 6 music
    bbc asian nw

interactive

A new aerial is out of the question as I live in a flat. Can't get SKY because of building restrictions and there is no digital cable available. p***** me off.

4. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is a bummer about the aerial situation your are in. Without the wide gain aerial assuming it is the reason for not getting other channels? Without the upgrade you are snookered. Have a look at this for the relevent channels and correct numbers positions. www.dvb-t.co.uk click on channels and muxs for groups of channels

5. jim.rae

jim.rae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't need a new aerial if you are getting pictures from either Black Hill or Darvel - all the DTT channels are within the old channel groupings.

You say you live in the west of Glasgow which could be either of these transmitters - depends which was your aerial points, east for Black Hill or south(ish) for Darvel.

If you are getting signals from a local relay, that could be a problem.

The first thing to do is find out where your DTT signals are coming from and take it from there...