Can't get Sky+ to copy to video

D

Deleted member 45627

I am trying to follow the instructions in Sky booklet to copy a programme onto video for a friend of mine, I have found that if I play and watch the prog I can record onto the video but I can't get the 'copy' function to work as per the booklet. If I ever have to clear the disc I might have to transfer to video. the booklet says, highlight the programme to copy, press red button,start video recording, press select or play on Sky remote. When I do this nothing happens, the green light which usually appears going around when watching a recorded prog doesn't appear.
Any help would be appreciated.
Terryp

The COPY function seems to be very sensitive to any additional remote commands it receives which during the stage of the process you are at could be simply down to holding the button a fraction of a second too long and more than one command being sent.

When you press Select after making sure the VCR is recording the screen should display the programs you have selected for a few seconds and then go onto a screen with the EPG info shown for the first selected progam only after those two steps will is start to play back.

You can of course just manually play back a recording without using the COPY function but you do have to be present to select additional programs when the current one ends.

Hi Starburst, thanks for the info. I also contacted Sky today and they told me more or less what you said, I must have been holding the select button down too long. Works OK now so thanks for your help.
Terryp

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom