Can't get refund for 50VT20 - Can anybody help?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by BJQ1972, Nov 27, 2010.

1. BJQ1972

BJQ1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +488
    I have owned a VT20 plasma since June and the problems with motion have blighted my viewing from day one.

I have been trying to get a refund for 5 months now - the retailer has been no help at all. Eventually, after many e-mails and phone calls, it was agreed with Panasonic Customer Care, two months ago, that they would speak to the retailer on my behalf. However, the retailer has refused to refund me. Panasonic have confirmed that the retailer is 'being difficult' but they claim that they are still 'seeking to assist me'.

I have now attempted to claim against my credit card issuer under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act which states that the credit card issuer is jointly liable with the retailer for any misselling of a product. This has proven a lot more difficult than I anticipated. Even though my letter to them totalled 27 pages they sent a letter requesting further copies of the invoice and details of warranty etc. Which I sent to them two weeks ago.

Today I received another letter from them requesting:-

'a copy of an independent assessment from a suitably qualified professional to prove your claim. This report should be on company headed paper, detailing the problems you have encountered, limited to the original specifications on your original contract/agreement. Please ensure a specific breakdown of any parts and labour is provided.'

My question is - are there any ISF qualified persons who would be willing to provide this letter to me? I would greatly appreciate it.

2. dbwinter

dbwinter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    Once you have the independent assessment, it should be plain sailing afterwards. It sounds like they want a cost breakdown to fix but obviously it can't be without a redesign.
    The independent assessment will need to detail the specific motion problems and that it is unfit for purpose.

The credit card company will pay for the assessment so get an ISF or equivalent person to your house.

Do not give up as the law is on your side.