1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant get ProV & RGB->S-Video to work!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by johnny, Aug 17, 2002.

1. johnny

johnny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    well, got a ProV, a JS RGB-S-Video box, along with 10m of Lindy VGA lead and a Ioxs 1M S-Video.

Connected them all up this morning to the Panny (I know, should be outside enjoying the sun, but hey, what can i say?!)

But cant get any picture from either my sony 735 or ITV Digital box (when connecting via s-video for the sony or RGB-S-video for ITV)

The ProV works in TV mode from the RF input, but when selecting s-video i either get blank screen or a scolling saturated bad picture (like when you select the wrong AV input on a TV)

Cant for the life of me figure what im doing wrong, or is all the kit i've ordered duff??

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Have you tried the RGB to s-video convertor into your normal TV to check it ?

3. johnny

johnny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    well, i reckon i've got two duff products, typical!

plugging the rgb to s-video from ITV Digital into the s-video on front of the TV is a blank picture (and I've made sure i selected sav3 on the TV)

plugging s-video in the prov produces a horizontal flashing dark picture (all other inputs work on the proV)

unless my ixos lead is somehow to blame??

4. johnny

johnny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    phew! for some reason I had a dodgy s-video lead. A quick trip back to Ask on tott crt rd, got a new one and now everythings fine!

First time, I've ever had a lead that dosent work!

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    There you go : rule out all the possibles until you've nailed it. Keep doing that and you won't have any problems with any of this home cinema malarkey ( or much else for that matter apart from ..... women.......if you are lucky)