1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get Plasma stand to fit - please help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by rramjotton, Feb 20, 2005.

1. rramjotton

rramjotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm trying to set-up my Hitachi PD5000 Pro, with which I purchased the Partington SV69 GLASS Plasma stand, both from Richer Sounds. I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep the screws/bolts secured to the actual Plasma,they slot in the holes on the Hitachi fine, but it doesn't have a groove - they are just holes, the stand didn't come with any nuts to potentially attach to the other end (this would be incredibly difficult anyway.

Any help will be MUCH MUCH appreciated.

2. Setch

Setch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    On the back of the plasma there should be a minimum of four threaded bolt holes, these take size M8 bolts that should screw in to the panel no more than 18mm. These will secure the stand to the panel.

There will be other holes in the back of the panel, but these are for purposes other than mounting stands.

Setch

3. rramjotton

rramjotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, there are 4 bolt holes (2 on each side), but they are not threaded, hence there is nothing securing the bolts?? The stand came with M8 bolts.

4. rramjotton

rramjotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd update this post. I have found out the solution. There are 4 larger black screws at the back of the Hitachi. The screws that come with the Plasma stand do not fit these and the black screws that are screwed into the plasma are too short when used with the stand. Went out and bought slightly longer screws, and everything fits fine now.

Hope that helps someone in the future!