Can't get new card to work in Sky+....

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Stevie G, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Stevie G

Stevie G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Got my replacement card from Sky this morning. I do what it says; switch on with old card, removed card, wait 5 secs then put in new card, but it keeps saying there is a fault with the card, then just hangs on searching for channels (aat which point I have to turn it off at the mains and insert the old card).

Any ideas?

I've tried the Sky number but it's all bloody automated, and I know that the picture may be fuzzy in bad weather.....!

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I realise that this won't help you with your immediate problem, but here's a tip for automated phone systems... don't press any buttons at all, if you wait a while it'll give up asking and put you through to a real person!

They all need to have such a fallback system as there are still some people without touchtone phones around despite nearly all UK exchanges being fully digital :smoke:

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You say "replacement" card, does this mean you had one previously? Is it the new New card that people are getting? If so I thought that the Sky+ wasn't getting issued with new cards.

Anyway, you may wish to try a new install from the service menu. You will need to have the box connected to a 'phone line.

DaveP

4. Stevie G

Stevie G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yes, it's a replacement, as they say the old one will expire, and it is Sky +. I'll try ringing them again (I'd forgot about it!)

Thanks for the tip btw, rct.....it worked with getting through to Singlepoint!

5. paulefox

paulefox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I received a card and was not sure wheter it was for my sky+ or for the other received so I rang them up. They said that no cards have been issued for sky+ yet and the card was for the normal decoder so if you have two systems that will be the answer

6. Stevie G

Stevie G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ah, ok. I have a second box that I don't currently use. They did send me a second card for it, but I never used it, so it must be a replacement for that.

7. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You're welcome ! Those "4u" people can be fun can't they? :suicide:

8. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it should say on the peice of paper the card was stuck to, this is to replace card number ..... I was puzzled which card to swap at first but it was the old box.