Cant get my razr V3 to connect to my pc

S

superman56

:rolleyes: i cant get it to work, i got the cord i got everything it just wont show, i want to put some ringtones on it but i cant, i run windows XP i need help.:lease:

Havn't tried connecting a V3 to my PC, but have connected up a Motorola V525. IIRC you need to install the software on the CD that comes with the phone. When the software is installed it will then ask you to connect the phone to your pc and it should now be automatically recognised by the pc.

Hope this helps. Apologies if you have tried this already.

IrishRob said:
Havn't tried connecting a V3 to my PC, but have connected up a Motorola V525. IIRC you need to install the software on the CD that comes with the phone. When the software is installed it will then ask you to connect the phone to your pc and it should now be automatically recognised by the pc.

Hope this helps. Apologies if you have tried this already.

yeah, you get the cd in the box with the phone, install that, plug in and off you go. pretty simple stuff. it doesn't work without the software

do you have bluetooth on your pc?? if not you can pick up a bluetooth dongle for about £10/£15 from Argos, install the software and away you go I find it quicker than the cable method, hope you get sorted I know how boring pre-installed ringtones can be

Mick

nightfly56 said:
do you have bluetooth on your pc?? if not you can pick up a bluetooth dongle for about £10/£15 from Argos, install the software and away you go I find it quicker than the cable method, hope you get sorted I know how boring pre-installed ringtones can be

Mick

completely agree with nightfly

If all u wanan do is send documents between your phone and pc then all u need is a bluetooth adapter

but if u wanan do more advanced stuff with the phone such as updating software, changing menu system, adding skins etc

u need a usb cable with some P2K drivers for the phone - they will do the job nicely for you

get rid of it, all phones exept nokia are useless, with nokia u dont have any problems..connect and browse

Chamber said:
get rid of it, all phones exept nokia are useless, with nokia u dont have any problems..connect and browse

don't be so quick to slag other brands of phone, I and I am sure there are plenty of others out there, have had bad experiences with Nokia phones. I have a Razr V3 and it is an excellent phone, does everything I want it to, I have had problems but Orange sorted them quickly and without fuss.

Superman 56 persevere with it and if you still have problems contact your network (phone supplier) and tell them the problem I am sure they will sort it for you.

All the best
Mick

well, its just my opinion, and i think lots of people think that nokia is the best brand, there is lots of things why. anyway, if u buy a phone, dont buy it with a contract or connected to some network, lets take i buy phone from orange, and its locked to orange, but i need to call abroad alot and its 2 expencive with orange, so i need to unlock it, what orange does, they change all phone system and put lots of unusefull "adons, ugly loading screen, menu changes, phone cover changes and stuff like that. i just hate that. But its just my opinion, so dont get mad at me! 8)

oh, and by the way, if u buy phone unlocked, brand new, without the contract and that sort of stuff, ur phone wount have any problems in further life..

Chamber said:
oh, and by the way, if u buy phone unlocked, brand new, without the contract and that sort of stuff, ur phone wount have any problems in further life..

all I can say is you must be made of money mate if you can afford to buy phones sim free

why does it always come down to mines better than yours blagh blagh blagh

anyway superman have u managed to get u phone connected please let us now if not im sure 1 of us can help

Chamber said:

and u can guarantee that????? i really doubt it "your phone wont haev any problems in further life" hahaha

okay lets get serious now

the original problem was to do with connecting to a PC

as i mentioned before the easiest way to do this is via bluetooth

if u dont want to use bluetooth then u can use p2k drivers for the phone

the best place to get these drivers from is www.mobilefun.co.uk

go to the unlocking area and the testing section and u can get the drivers there

now u can try loading your phone via usb

again if u need more detailed help just ask here

I had a problem with my old V3 previously after installing the software. Problems was around the phone being setup as a modem so you can use it to dial out - seemed to be around issues with COM 1 & 2 not being available.

Anyone to cut a long story it just needed a reinstall of the software and I think I used COM2 next time it setup.

If your problems is when it's trying to connect to the PC then it might be same type of issue.

nightfly56 said:
don't be so quick to slag other brands of phone, I and I am sure there are plenty of others out there, have had bad experiences with Nokia phones. I have a Razr V3 and it is an excellent phone, does everything I want it to, I have had problems but Orange sorted them quickly and without fuss.

Sorry, but I have to agree on the V3. The V3 is a great looking phone, and it feels very good in the hand, but as a phone it stinks. The battery life is too short (especially with bluetooth) and it goes into "sulk mode" too often, when you have to switch it off & on to make it wake up. If you don't make many outgoing calls, the V3 can be sulking for quite some time before you realise why it hasn't rung for several hours.

After owning a V3 for quite some time, I've now got myself a Sony Ericcson V810i, which is nowhere near as pretty, but is better than the V3 by miles.

Nick_UK said:
Sorry, but I have to agree on the V3. The V3 is a great looking phone, and it feels very good in the hand, but as a phone it stinks. The battery life is too short (especially with bluetooth) and it goes into "sulk mode" too often, when you have to switch it off & on to make it wake up. If you don't make many outgoing calls, the V3 can be sulking for quite some time before you realise why it hasn't rung for several hours.

After owning a V3 for quite some time, I've now got myself a Sony Ericcson V810i, which is nowhere near as pretty, but is better than the V3 by miles.

battery life - yes yes - comment problem with motorola phones - the only motorola i ever had that had a good battery life was the V878 (and thats a great phone by the way) all other motos do have poor battery life - maybe these new next gen motorolas due later this year will all address that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom