Can't get my 100hz TV to run at 100hz

leecho

Standard Member
Hi

I am a complete novice so please excuse my ignorance.

I have a 42lg6100 connected to BT Vision via HDMI. When I click the OK button of the remote to display the info it states that the picture displayed is 1080i and 50hz. This TV is supposed to be 100hz so how can I get it to run at this speed?

C

viewmaster

Standard Member
A lot will depend on what the source output is, so if the BT vision only outputs 1008I then that is what you get unless you go through an upscalling amplifier.
If you have a bluray player that can output the 1008P then try that, I hope this helps!

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Your Tv is only telling you what the source input is. So for example BBC1 will be 576i 50Hz and BBCHD will be 1080i 50Hz.

Your Tv will display these at 100Hz however by creating and inserting a new frame between eaach broadcast frame by interpolating between eachone and the next broadcast frames. How well this works depends on how good this interpolation algorithm is (i.e. how good it is at estimating what this artificial frame might be).

I am sure your TV is diplaying at 100Hz - its just that the sources are 50Hz

simon194

Hi

I am a complete novice so please excuse my ignorance.

I have a 42lg6100 connected to BT Vision via HDMI. When I click the OK button of the remote to display the info it states that the picture displayed is 1080i and 50hz. This TV is supposed to be 100hz so how can I get it to run at this speed?

C
What is being displayed is the input source format and field rate and has nothing to do with the frame rate that is being displayed by the TV.

Internally the TV will be processing the input signal to display the resultant picture at 100Hz which is what the specs of TV states.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom