Can't get magic eye to work on new TV

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by bizzielizzie, Aug 24, 2018.

1. bizzielizzie

bizzielizzie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Yesterday I purchased a new LG 24TK410V 24 inch from Argos to replace an old bedroom TV. VERY disappointed to discover I can't find the magic eye channel; the eye is working OK. From what I've read, it seems it will be on an analogue channel, but I can't find any, and no information in the online manual. Not sure if I'm just not looking in the right place, or if this new TV just doesn't do analogue. If it's not going to work I'll have to change the set for another that does. Any suggestions of how I can make absolutely certain there's no analogue before I go through the hassle of changing the set?

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +435
    It has an analogue tuner, see page 10 of the manual on how to select it.

3. bizzielizzie

bizzielizzie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, that's very encouraging. However, although I have page 10 of the manual that is on the DVD that came with the set, I can't see any mention of analogue. Probably just me being thick, but am starting to lose the will to live! I couldn't even find this set at all on the LG website. page_10.jpg

4. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +435
    This is page 10 of the online manual from the LG UK website:

upload_2018-8-24_14-34-54.png

5. bizzielizzie

bizzielizzie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I have actually got that page 10 as well, in the online manual. However, I assumed the left-hand part wasn't what I wanted, as it refers to 'network setting', which I didn't think of as analogue, and it mentions connecting a LAN cable. My 'eye' is attached to the aerial cable and then into the aerial port on the TV. None of the info on the right of this page helps either. If I press TV/RAD it just moves from the selected TV channel to a radio channel, and back if I press again.

6. bizzielizzie

bizzielizzie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks Fred Smith for your suggestions so far, and apologies if I'm just being a thicko. :rolleyes: Have to take the dogs walkies now but will be back later if there are any further suggestions from any kind forum members. I do know an expert on such matters, but as luck would have it, he's away until the end of next week. My concern is that I don't find out that this new'ish model just doesn't have analogue, but I don't find out until it's too late to change it.

7. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +435
    According to RS and others it has a analogue tuner.

So either the signal from the magic eye was off when you tuned the set, or maybe digital only tune was selected, or on some sets, the analogue channels are put below 0 or after the 800's.

Or just ring LG.

8. bizzielizzie

bizzielizzie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again. It's sorted! :clap: I emailed LG this morning, and when I got back from walkies and shopping there was a reply, which told me how to manually tune into the magic eye signal. I managed to do it OK, though the sound and picture quality aren't as good as they were on my old (cheap Alba!) set, at least the mystery is solved.

The body of the email, in case anyone else who's having problems should mosey on by:

'Thank you for your query regarding the 24TK410V-PZ

Sorry to hear you are having trouble setting up the unit to receive signal from the magic eye. There's no reason why it shouldn't work with this model and hopefully I can guide you through how to get it working.

Once the magic eye is connected you need to perform MANUAL tuning to find the signal. You can do this by going to;

Settings > Programmes > Manual tuning > Then choose the setting for TV (NOT DTV)

This will then scan the frequencies and should find your magic eye. The channels on the 24TK410V-PZ are likely not to be set to the frequency of the magic eye which is why you need to search for it manually.

If this does not work please not hesitate to contact us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

I hope my email has answered your query and assisted you today; I would really appreciate your feedback! Please help us to improve our customer service by completing the short survey after this email.

If you have any questions or queries please either call us on 0344 847 5454 or use our live web chat option on our website [www.lg.com/uk]www.lg.com/uk'

I did try live web chat this morning but it was closed.

Thanks again for your help. :)