Cant get into main Menu on TX-40C300B

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by longwori, Jun 13, 2018.

1. longwori

longwori

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I have been kindly given a TX-40C300B with its remote. I can get into the Quick Menu and exit it using the "Menu" button on the remote but for some reason, the "Menu" button on the remote wont take me into the full menu - it just seems to do nothing but it works to exit the Quick Menu so I know the remote button is OK.

I have also tried programming my Harmony remote with this TV model to check that it is something at the TV end and not the remote end that is the problem and this does seem to be the case as the Harmony remote reflects exactly the problems with the original remote.

I would ideally like to factory reset the TV which I feel may fix it if nobody knows why this is happening?

I have googled several methods of factory resetting a Panasonic TV but none seem to work. I have also found information about putting a TV into "Hotel" mode on the internet but I cant seem to get into those settings either to take it out of this mode if this is what it is stuck in.

This particular TV does not have a physical volume- button that I see referred to in some reset instructions, it has no physical buttons at all, just a weird round spring-loaded rocker switch that when pushed down turns the volume down, pushed up increased and pushed in seems to allow the selection of the input, all from the one weird switch.

I am really now at a loss for google terms to try to fix it!

Any help or ideas would really be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation of any help.

Ian

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,516
    Your TV isn't a “real” Panasonic but a rebadged “Vestel” model. It's a chassis manufactured by Vestel which Panasonic then buy and rebadge it as their own.
    I've come across the exact same symptoms with the menu button intermittently on other brands that use the same chassis and I suspect it's a software bug.
    I would advise you not to try entering the service menu.

3. longwori

longwori

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for your reply JC.

Unfortunately the previous owner has renamed some of the inputs which dont tie up to what we have connected to the TV and ideally (to help the family) I would like to put them back to defaults.

I understand your advice of avoiding the service menu but I am careful and methodical!

Does anyone know if this is possible from the service menu or even know how to get into the service menu on this TV to try to perform a factory reset?

Thanks.

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,516
    Read page 8 of your TV's user manual where it refers to the user-definable “My Button” in case the previous owner has reprogrammed it.

5. longwori

longwori

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think I tried that but thanks for the idea - I will try it again when I get home, just in case it works.

6. longwori

longwori

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just a follow up to this incase someone searches for it in the future.....

The TV was previously just connected to my AVR by HDMI and had nothing else connected to it. Upon later connecting the network port to the internet and an aerial lead the menu became available - bizarre but true!