can't get into an online game!

FlubWubJub

Established Member
Reaction score
guys, i've successfully completed the campaign on Blops, so tonight i thought it about time i get in on some of the online action.

Thing is, i've been sat here now for approx 40 mins trying to get into a game.

All i get is "found 50 matches, Getting match quality..." then "joining game lobby..."

then it goes through that loop and never actually joins any game. Eventually it stops trying and tells me no sessions are available.

I've never had any problem with online gaming before (MW2 for example).
I'm using a BT Homehub V2 if that makes any difference.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Your in Wrexham I see. Well, some people actually know where Wrexham is ;)

What is your NAT status? If you know what that is? It's within the multiplayer menu and should also give you a message when you test your network setting from the Dashboard, if it's anything other than OPEN, then you will have problems.

Failing you don't sort it out. I'll pop round and sort it out for you if you want, being in Wrexham and all. Coffee, 1 and a half sugars la ;)

I've got the BT HomeHub V2 and have no problems at all.. Ever. :)

ah, it's ok, false alarm buddy... just after i typed that out i thought i best check my router settings.
turns out i had an IP conflict with (of all things) my bro-in-laws iphone!

where abouts in wrexham you from?
add me if you fancy a game sometime.

Ah ha, crisis averted then.

The best solution most of the time is a router reset. Ha.

My mommy taught me not to speak to strangers, so I canna tell ya I'm from Gwersyllt originally.

Ai, I'll add you dude :)

Ah ha, crisis averted then.

The best solution most of the time is a router reset. Ha.

My mommy taught me not to speak to strangers, so I canna tell ya I'm from Gwersyllt originally.

Ai, I'll add you dude :)

My brother struggles to join and play this game online with me, its to do with his NAT settings. They are not on OPEN they are on some other setting, how does he go about changing it to OPEN please?

My brother struggles to join and play this game online with me, its to do with his NAT settings. They are not on OPEN they are on some other setting, how does he go about changing it to OPEN please?

He needs to have the following ports open for Black Ops - Xbox 360 - TCP [80] UDP [88, 3074, 22728, 33233]

Source - Call of Duty: Black Ops

I have these open and still have problems now and then though. Think the matchmaking is a bit broken but they are going to bring out a patch soon to improve things all been well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom