Can't get draytek access point setup..

00Paul00

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I'm banging my head on this one. I naively thought this would be simple.

My home plug stopped working so to provide wifi and Ethernet upstairs I stumped up for a Draytek VigorAP 810 access point.

I've tried setting it up as per the instructions and have all the cables connected correctly but I just can't access the admin web page using the IP 192.168.1.2

My virgin router is on the default 192.168.0.1 and everything else on my network including my iMac is subsequent IP's.

The instructions state "make sure the computers subnet IP address is the same as the VigorAP 810 management IP, eg 192.168.1.X"

So, I've changed my IMac IP address manually to 192.168.1.19 but I still can't access the admin pages as instructed. I get the message "safari can't connect to the server"

Also changing my iMac IP address is going to mess with other things on my network and I'm not savvy enough to know what the changes will affect.

Can anyone offer me some help please?
As you've guessed I'm not too knowledgeable about computers or networks and after an hour of googling I can't find any help.

You should be able to plug the AP810 directly into your network via an Ethernet cable where it will take a new address via dhcp. You can then check the dhcp table in your router or use an app like Fing on a smartphone to scan your network. This will show you the new address of the Draytek and allow you to set it up without messing around changing your Mac IP settings

Yes, the DHCP client is enabled 'out of the box' and the AP DHCP server is disabled by default. So you can effectively plug them in and use them immediately as an AP on most networks without any additional configuration using the default wifi settings from the device.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom