Can't get Bluetooth to work on iPhone4

tee

Reaction score
Any ideas? Prob me doing something, or rather NOT doing something...

Receive a photo from another phone. Her phone saw mine but couldn't connect. I had no notifications on my phone saying someone was trying to connect with mine at all. I have a Bluetooth icon on screen but it isn't blue?

Receive a photo from another phone. Her phone saw mine but couldn't connect. I had no notifications on my phone saying someone was trying to connect with mine at all. I have a Bluetooth icon on screen but it isn't blue?

The iphone doesn't allow file transfer via bluetooth. :rolleyes:

As above, the iPhone doesn't allow this. Download something like Bump, that will allow you to transfer a photo from one iPhone to another. Otherwise use MMS.

As t'other said... thats one of the things Steve didn't want to put on the iPhone... :thumbsdow

i think i saw apps that do let you do this in the app store, i think for free too. i may be mistake, but have a look

Wow, I had no idea. How stupid! Oh well, thanks for the responses :smashin:

Dowload PhotoShare lite from the app store on each device (presuming they are both apple products iPhone, iPod, iPad) which enable the transfer of photos easily.

TBH in the 12 months that I've had an iPhone I've not once needed to send something via bluetooth (even if I could). I get by just fine with MMS & email.

My mate has just said his bluetooth isn't working at all. No devices can be picked up . His laptop is on, other phones are on but NOTHING is shoing up as visible. Any ideas why this would be or is it a faulty phone??

He's getting well annoyed as it's the second one he's had now in a week since purchasing. 1st one had a hardware fault where calls were echoing at other persons end. That issue is now gone but now he gets the bluetooth one!

This is one of the main reasons i'm waiting for the jailbreak. I can't remember the name of the app but it basically gave you 'proper' bluetooth. It really showed that the hardware is there it's just the software that restricts it. Boooo Steve Jobs!! :p

He's off to check his car kit thingy now. As long as that works then he said he will be happy as he only wants to get photos from his old phone. He can chuck them on the computer anyway and said he never uses Bluetooth for anything else.

For that matter, I have only ever used it to get a ringtone on my current phone from a mate and the car kit. Have no other need for it. The ringtone was only for an alarm anyway as I just have vibrate on now.

He's off to check his car kit thingy now. As long as that works then he said he will be happy as he only wants to get photos from his old phone. He can chuck them on the computer anyway and said he never uses Bluetooth for anything else.

For that matter, I have only ever used it to get a ringtone on my current phone from a mate and the car kit. Have no other need for it. The ringtone was only for an alarm anyway as I just have vibrate on now.

you can make the ringtone in itunes and sync it accross there are videos on utube and you can email the picture from pc to iphone and pick it up there thats the only way :D unless you jailbreak and get ibluetooth and you can send pictures only :D:rolleyes:

My mate has just said his bluetooth isn't working at all. No devices can be picked up . His laptop is on, other phones are on but NOTHING is shoing up as visible. Any ideas why this would be or is it a faulty phone??
The iPhone doesnt pick up anything which isnt a bluetooth headset

The iPhone doesnt pick up anything which isnt a bluetooth headset

My iPhone 3GS picks up & connects to my MacBook Pro.

It will pick up anything that supports the AVRCP, A2DP, HFP, PBAP, PAN and HID Bluetooth profiles. In a nutshell, this is stereo audio, remote control, handsfree and address book transfer to a headset. The Macbook supports these which is why you can connect to it, but it will only connect on the profiles both support. So if you try and send a file to or from your Macbook, it will fail.

It will pick up anything that supports the AVRCP, A2DP, HFP, PBAP, PAN and HID Bluetooth profiles. In a nutshell, this is stereo audio, remote control, handsfree and address book transfer to a headset. The Macbook supports these which is why you can connect to it, but it will only connect on the profiles both support. So if you try and send a file to or from your Macbook, it will fail.
PAN is Personal Area Network which is what I use when tethering my Macbook Pro to my iPhone & that certainly isn't anything to do with a Bluetooth headset

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom