can't get any reception

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by ggg, Aug 7, 2002.

1. ggg

ggg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I brought over from germany a friends SAT-dish and receiver to use it analogue with ASTRA in Dublin - Ireland. All we can see is blank black screen. The test signal from the receiver is fine. I tried all possible positionings. Nothing at all happens. Not even a slightest ripple on the screen. Could the LNB or receiver be broken?
    Anyone knows what else I am doing wrong. The system is a Morgan's Arizona 80cm dish with 9.75 GHz LNB.
    THANKS

timm

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +713
    You need to think about the whole signal chain & start eliminating the bits that work.
    Do you have another receiver (analogue or digital) that you can hook up to the dish/LNB ?
    If that works, you know that the dish/LNB/coax IF-feed all work.
    You could also test your receiver on someone else's dish that's known to be working & pointing at a satelite that has analogue transmissions (Astra at 19 degrees east, or other sats like Hotbird at 16 east).
    Do some more tests, then post back here with your findings if necessary.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

3. ggg

ggg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Got it ti run ! ;-) - I reconnected all connections and also adjusted the video level which I found on the bottom of the receiver which made a big difference. I then managed to get a signal and was able to adjust the dish.

thanks
    tim