1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get analogue to tune on my 435XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by marcw, Aug 10, 2005.

1. marcw

marcw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got my Pioneer to tune in to the DVB stuff no probs, but I can't seem to find any channels at all on analogue - just snow.

Am I missing something obvious? It's all set to the right locale, etc - or it seems to be... Any ideas please guys and girls?

2. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
  3. marcw

marcw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    D'oh!!! An extreme case of RTFM if ever there was one. I shall promptly go and boil my own head in embarrassment. Plugging an aerial into the analogue tuner does indeed make the necessary difference... *blush*

4. gfc

gfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: marcw

Thinking of buying a 435 XDE but have seen some bad comments regards picture quality using the tuner (guess it depends on ariel and reception). How's it looking using the analogue and DVB tuners?

5. marcw

marcw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi GFC, I've got no problems with the picture quality at all really on any sources - It's definitely different to a CRT set (the blacks aren't QUITE as good, I'll be honst there) but once you've spent some time getting familiar with the settings and making tweaks here and there it produces a great picture.

I don't really have a frame of reference, regarding other plasma sets, but I can tell you I'm more than happy with my 435XDE and getting happier by the day.