Can't get a Pro-ject S2 streamer box to work, any help?

riscado

Novice Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pro-ject audio S2 streamer box from ebay (supposedly new) but I can't get it to work.

Whenever I try to connect to it on my wifi network it shows up as being password protected, it should be an unsecured network, so that I can access 10.10.10.254 from my device/computer and allow it to have connection to my home wifi?

Anyone can help me here? Then sometimes the wifi for the streamer just disappears altogether.

I think you need to reset the wifi as described on page 5 of the S2 user manual.
You can then have another go at connecting to the S2's wifi hotspot which will have been switched back on and then rewconfiguring the S2 to connect to your home wifi network as is also described on page 5.

--
JB

it seems to work from the pro-ject app, but not if I do it from my laptop connecting to 10.10.10.254

Shouldn't I be able to stream from other places rather than just the selected services setup on the pro-ject application?

As far as I can see from reading the user manual (I don't have the Pro-Ject streamer myself), the 10.10.10.254 address is just used to initially setup the S2 and get it connected to your wifi network. Once it's connected to your wifi you use the Pro-Ject app on your phone or tablet to control which source you're using and it's playback. So again if I'm understanding the manual correctly you can stream from any source shown in the app. If your laptop is setup as a media streaming device on your network then maybe the S2 app should be able to see it on your network and play files from it. It doesn't look as if it works the other way round ie. you can't use your laptop to control the S2's playback unless your laptop is running an operating system on which you can install the Pro-Ject app in which case you would install the app on the laptop and it would work just the same as it would on your phone or tablet.

--
JB

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom