Cant get 720p set.......

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by yukichon, Jan 5, 2007.

1. yukichon

yukichon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Just bought the 360 and set the machine up to a Toshiba LCD through the component leads supplied. On the page where you can determine the setting it says im currently set at 480p but when i switch to 720p the screen fills with lines and the pic isnt clear...why?? This means that i can only play at the mo through 480p which still looks great but i want it at 720p:lease: ......
    The TV im playing it through is a Toshiba 23 WLT56B LCD which runs at 1280x720 so , any suggestions????????

2. maverik1979

maverik1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    you've flicked the switch on the component lead box to hdtv right?

3. yukichon

yukichon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Yes i have, ive just read the tv manual online and it seems to say that to get the 720 setting you have to connect the component via the RGB PC connection rather than the YPbPr inputs?????????

4. maverik1979

maverik1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hmm sounds odd, i have a tosh lcd , i just plugged the component leads into compnent input on back, then slected 720 on xbox, cant think of anything different

5. yukichon

yukichon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Do us a favour and check out this link but go to the 27WLT56B its the same model as mine but 27" rather than 23" , its on Page 7 top right and let me know what you think..... http://www.home-entertainment.toshiba.co.uk/consumer/products.nsf/manuals?openview&restricttocategory=<!--lcdplasma-->&section=support

6. maverik1979

maverik1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    well according to that, you're right, is there a converter that you have to plug the component leads into?, then plugs into the dvi port on the telly?, i think if you are having problems you may want to buy the ms vga lead and use that directly, as it may have something to do with things getting mixed up as it think its outputing to component when its actually dvi, or something

hmm not too sure myself now

on mine theres input jacks specifically for component

7. yukichon

yukichon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
  8. pyrotenax

pyrotenax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Sounds like you can only get 720p via VGA and 480p via component.Often found on old / inferior technology. You should have a short VGA cable included that breaks out to YPbPr.

I had a really old plasma once and one was included with that. It would only accept 480p via component and I had to use the adapter on 15 pin D-sub connection to get 720p

9. gaz2785

gaz2785

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    The 27 and 32 inch versions take the component input via the vga socket. According to the Tosh site the 23 inch version has proper component inputs.

I have the 32WL56 and this takes component via the VGA socket. Tight b******* at Toshiba don't give you the adaptor lead with the TV, but I bought it seperately and it works ok at 720p

10. yukichon

yukichon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Well i threw the box away so dont seem to have the adapter as stated , i wish my wife would move the new born into his bedroom which would free up the Panasonic 26LXD60 or let me put it in my front room on the Pioneer 436XDE for some really good gaming , but nope , im in the bedroom with the 23 incher that has issues.....:rotfl: :rotfl: :thumbsdow

11. maverik1979

maverik1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    be wary as its not an official one, and others have had image issues with non MS stuff