• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can't find media server

[email protected]

Standard Member
I got the ps3 connected to internet is no problem but unable to get window Media server or TVersity. i tried wired and wireless connection thru Netgear wireless router and my pc is running window vista ultimate version. Eventhough, i turn off the window firewall, still unable to find any medai servers from the ps3. Pl.help. Many thx.

The Atheist

Prominent Member
I got the ps3 connected to internet is no problem but unable to get window Media server or TVersity. i tried wired and wireless connection thru Netgear wireless router and my pc is running window vista ultimate version. Eventhough, i turn off the window firewall, still unable to find any medai servers from the ps3. Pl.help. Many thx.
do you have file sharing and media sharing turned on in Vista's options? Also, you sometimes need to leave both machines on for a while before they pick each other up over the network, you could try leaving them on for an hour or so and then trying TVersity?

I have only ever used Nero for media streaming from my PC, that annoyed me so I got a NAS drive which works really well with the PS3.

Brooktop

Established Member
I had similar issues at first. I found a number of helpful tutorials on You Tube. Make sure you get a recent one, because the older tutorials over complicate things by referring to patches etc - which aren't now necessary with the latest version of TVersity.

I suspect it will be something in your options eg you have the choose PS3 from a drop-down menu.

Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom