cant find decent b&w deal ...

woolz

im after 684's, htm62, 685's, and 610 sub. all that nearly is £1700. i cant find any dealer that willing to do me a good bulk deal for buying the lot. :mad:

any ideas on who would give me a good deal?

McCraque

Canterbury Hifi were selling some "demo" kit I believe at less than list price. May be worth a look.

Other than that, I think B&W a) fix the prices that retailers have to abide by b) don't allow mail order!

woolz

tried canterbury but they only have a few in and NO matching pairs! which is no good.

deckingman

B&W keep a very tight reign on their dealers. You won't find much in the way of discounts anywhere except ex-demo or used. I was in a similar situation to you - 684s, DS3 rears, HTM62 and ASW something sub. My dealer gave me a small discount off the DS3s for paying cash but the rest was full rrp. You might be able to get some cables or such thrown in but that's about it.

badbunny

Standard Member
Have you seen the Sevenoaks website? In their sale they have an offer of 33% off any speakers up to £1500 if you buy a cheapo receiver ~£200 (if i remember right). Worth it to get a deal on the speakers then sell the receiver! I might have some of the details wrong here, but check it out...

Pete.

ARNOLD AKIEN

im after 684's, htm62, 685's, and 610 sub. all that nearly is £1700. i cant find any dealer that willing to do me a good bulk deal for buying the lot. :mad:

B and W is Determined to remain a High End Brand. It is always possible that B and W s prices will be cut accross their range in view of the current financial situation, but, those reduced prices will remain fairly even across the Dealer Network. Individual Dealers can offer deals on trade ins of the customers existing speakers or offer deals on a package that includes other equipment and in this there may be a price reduction .. cunningly hidden .. on the speakers.

SO .. advice ... trade something in and /or buy other equipment as a package Deal.

It shouldn't be too hard, but be aware that Dealers have problems with the Top End of the B and W range in as much as to Demo such stuff their Demo Rooms have to meet B and W specs and in any case the dealers can only afford to stock the B and W product up to a sensible level of the product range since such Really High End Stuff is in low demand ... ask to listen to the 800 series and most dealers will smile eagerly and tell you that they don't have them in stock .. BUT, can get them by next ??? for Demo. :devil:

If you are pushed for Money then your best bet might be to chose a speaker manufacturer whose sound is similar in warmth and clarity to that of B and W ... Wharfedale perhaps ?

In any case you should consider buying a different manufacturers Sub .. I have a BK sub with my B and W 700 /600 plus BK 5.1 system.

tommyav

I am having the same problem too:mad:

Going to go to sevenoaks at the weekend and see what i can get!
Might also be worth trying practical hifi (or audio T) this deal might work out better????!

Audio T Christmas Sale - Audio T

what does everyone think about audio t and this deal? cause i know sevenoaks have a good rep!

swift1

If you can get to or live in London then you definately will get a in-store deal at PNR Audio Vision at Tottenham Court Road but for some reason when you ring them, they always quote full price.:mad:

deckingman

If you can get to or live in London then you definately will get a in-store deal at PNR Audio Vision at Tottenham Court Road but for some reason when you ring them, they always quote full price.:mad:

I have heard that B&W have been known to use "phantom shopper" techniques to check on their dealers prices.

MarkLG

I got a small amount off my 685's and M1's, but it really was just a small amount.
I don't really have a problem with B&W keeping tabs on the price their kit is selling at. There's little worse than paying a load of money for some new kit and a few months later seeing one of the discounters selling it for half what you payed.:(
The other side of the coin is that when it comes to upgrade you'll always get a decent price for your old B&W's - there's some pretty old stuff on ebay still fetching decent money.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I had a similar issue when looking or speakers a year or so ago. In the end I managed to not get anything off the PMC speakers but got a significant amount of speaker cable instead.

NBUK

Does anybody know if B&W speakers are included on the Sevenoaks 33% off offer? It says selected brands only..

Have been fishing around for soem decent prices too but haven't had much luck..

Will try that PCR on Totenham Court Road too as its fairly close to where I work.. :smashin:

On a side note, does anybody know if any of the "budget amps" i.e onkyo 606, denon 1909, sony 2400, will have problems driving a pair of B&W 684 fronts, M1's rears and HTM6x centre & sub to be decided?

I'm still trying to find the ideal setup and my "budget" keeps on creeping up! :rolleyes:

HiFiRuss71

Distinguished Member

Have you considered that your eyes are bigger than your wallet. I want a Porsche, but I'm not expecting anyone to offer one up for Mondeo money.

If you want a suggestion, you could lop £300ish off the budget by dumping the ASW-610 for a BK XLS-200 which is more powerful anyway. Have a look in the subwoofer forum for more detail.

Russell

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Audio T are also having a sale on at the moment with more % discounts the more items you buy. Maybe this could give you a good saving.

ARNOLD AKIEN

Does anybody know if B&W speakers are included on the Sevenoaks 33% off offer? It says selected brands only..

Have been fishing around for soem decent prices too but haven't had much luck..

Will try that PCR on Totenham Court Road too as its fairly close to where I work.. :smashin:

On a side note, does anybody know if any of the "budget amps" i.e onkyo 606, denon 1909, sony 2400, will have problems driving a pair of B&W 684 fronts, M1's rears and HTM6x centre & sub to be decided?

I'm still trying to find the ideal setup and my "budget" keeps on creeping up! :rolleyes:

All of the Receivers/amps that you mention should have no trouble driving the B and W speakers.

My Denon 2808 works very well with my B and W 700/600 plus BK sub 5.1 system - the 1909 should work well too, but surely you will want to go UP their product chain just a bit. :devil:

Denon has a product comparator page on their web site Here ...

DENON UK | Information and technical specs | AVR-3808A

Go ON ... You know that you want one. :D

Mind you the bad news is that Denon has a dealer network and a Dealers mustn't sell directly via the Internet policy ... though you do see Deals appearing at Richers Sounds from time to time.

DENON AVR1909-SIL at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

A touch under £300 for the 1909 .... BUT you can get the - end of line and replaced by a new model - 2808 for a touch under £500 ...

DENON AVR1909-SIL at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

NOTE ! .." LAST FEW TO CLEAR: Stocks limited/not available in all stores. Some may be ex-display or ex-repair at this price (ex-display stock carries a 12 month warranty, ex-repair goods have a 3 month guarantee). "

You May be able to get a 'Showroom Demo Model ' even cheaper than the advertised ' Deal ' Or obtain a Richers price Beat if you can find it remaindered elsewhere.

Arnold.

Lemon_Sherbert

I found one in Northampton that did a bit of discount when I bought a pair of 686's, £250, online the prices were looking about £270ish, so i was happy.

Just wish you didnt have to got to a store to actually buy them, dont mind the price beening what it is, but thats a pain, nearest one according to the B&W website for me is 30-40 miles away.

Would need disount to pay for petrol!:D

NBUK

Just spoken to Sevenoaks @ holborn and they said they offer 20% off most B&W speakers rather than the 33% with the "buy an amp at full price" deal..

Just gota work out how much i'd be saving now (more ammunition to sell it the wife!) :D

ARNOLD AKIEN

Just spoken to Sevenoaks @ holborn and they said they offer 20% off most B&W speakers rather than the 33% with the "buy an amp at full price" deal..

Just gota work out how much i'd be saving now (more ammunition to sell it the wife!) :D

" (more ammunition to sell it the wife!) " Are Obedience Classes SO very Expensive? Perhaps you could have a go at it yourself? Its hard to believe that it could be SO hard .. I mean if you were to start with basic 'SIT ' and 'FETCH ' - beer - and then progress upward you could avoid the need to employ expensive professional trainers.

Arnold.

woolz

didnt ask mate. but they arent doing 20% off b&w when your NOT buying an amp. they said they do me around 12%

NBUK

Lol

just spoke to sevenoaks mate in holburn and they said they can do 20% IF i buy an amp.

Worked it all out yesterday and its about £160 off for what I want...
Thats for the
Denon 1909
B&W 684 (yet to actually hear them!)
HTM61

Edit: TommAV - I asked about the Onkyo 606 & Denon 1909 and they said the discount applies with them. Will be demoing the whol lot when i go down there..

Last edited:

tommyav

Cheers! sounds and good deal. Might go down tomorrow and see what deal can be done:thumbsup:

will let you all know how i get on

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sharp showcases its upcoming 4K TV and audio line-up
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022