• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can't figure out boiler problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancook

Distinguished Member
10 year old, Worcester Combi - The main issue is that the boiler tries to get up to speed green flame light goes off, the blue light blinks and then you hear it 'shut down'.

In the past I have had to reset it multiple times, and eventually I'd get it to 'stick' on.

It's been intermittent for a long time, but yesterday and today I can't get it to stay on - this is normally when I call British Gas to check it, they replace something but find no real fault and it's working when they leave.

Around Thursday the boiler was making VERY loud vibration noises, and I could smell what I thought was gas - could be burning smell.. turned it off and had British Gas out to check the boiler - "the emissions were out in high mode and there was water in the white tank below the boiler" other than that they saw nothing burned, and nothing else.

British Gas made a suggestion of air in the system or muck in the radiators causing it to overheat, suggested a powerflush (which I have been told elsewhere are a waste of money)

This weekend we're back to having a boiler that won't stay on..

I loosened the screw on the pump to see if much air escapes, it bubbles up a little bit, but doesn't really sputter..

I ran it just now with just HW on or just CH on - it switches itself off after a few minutes either way.

What with Covid affecting my business I'm on Job Seekers Allowance at the moment, not an ideal time to chase expensive fixes with no guarantee.

121229972_10164603293455227_491330177397286915_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom