1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't fault Buena Vista (US)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Jon Weaver, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +647
    A year ago, I bought 'Gone In 60 seconds' when I was on holiday in New York. (And it wasn't particularly cheap)

When I got home, I watched it and didn't really rate it, so put it on the shelf and never touched it again.

Before Christmas, I lent it to a friend, who reported that it wouldn't play.

I tried on both my DVD players and my laptop and it just wouldn't read.

Buena Vista (UK) were predictably unhelpful, but I did manage to get them (relkuctantly) to give me a contact in the USA.

After a bit of emailing, I got hold of a guy in 'technical' who said, "sorry.. We will send you another copy, don't worry about sending your faulty one back"

Yesterday it arrived.. Exactly as they had said.. But, the disk had fallen of the spindle in transit and as the disk had bounced around, it had put marks on the DVD.

I wrote to them again, and they simply offered to send me yet another copy...

I could quite easily clean the scratches off of the on I got yesterday, as they arn't really scratches as such...

So, I am now going to end up with 3 copies.. Shame its such a s**t film.

But you can't fault their customer service!

So, rest assured, if ever you have any Buena Vista DVDs which fail, atleast you will get them replaced.. I just hope that other distributers are as understanding.

Jon

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Jon,

As much as I would like to say that Buena Vista - as a whole company - offer faultless aftersales service, I think it's more of a case of you being very lucky, and getting in contact with someone who actually cares about the DVD format, and not necessarily complies with the company requirements for aftersales service.

I'm glad to see that BV were so kind to get this matter sorted! Any chance you'd like to off-load one of those extra copies of "Gone In 60 Seconds" on to me, per chance, sil vous plait?!

Pretty Please?!

With Sugar on top, lots of plum sauce, and Hundreds & Thousands as well?!

Pooch

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I ordered the R1 version of Unbreakable the 2 postcards were missing.

I emailed BV in the states and it took less then a week for them to arrive.

Not really important in the scheme of things, but first class service all the same.