Cant' dub multiple prorams on DMR-E100

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by babbo100, Jul 28, 2004.

1. babbo100

babbo100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use Panasonic E100 and using Memorex DVD-R 4x media (50 pk).
    I have successfully dubbed several programs onto one disc, always recording LP first on HDD and then on DVD-R generally using FR.
    Now I am not able to do it. I can record one program successfully, but not multiple programs. What happens is that it records the first program on disc and is not able to transition to the second program, resulting in an error. Then I can't finalize or record any programs. It mentions that the disc is not a recordible disc.
    I have gone back and forth recording one program successfully and trying to record several unsuccessfully, now 6 times.

I have reset the recorder, by shutting the power. I have used SP instead of Fr when recording on the DVD-R.
    Is it the media ?

I would appreciate some ideas.

thanks

2. apreading

apreading

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    If you have dubbed the first program in FR mode then it will have filled the disk I think so there is no space left for any more programs.

If you recorded in LP then there is no point dubbing in SP (or even in FR unless you cannot fit the recording on the disk) because you have already lost the quality you could have had recording in SP in the first place. In fact the SP dub will be WORSE than the LP original as it gets resampled from an already degraded image and artifacts will be worsened. If the recording was around the 2 hour mark then there will be very little disk space left in SP mode for anything else to be fitted.

Use high speed dub to do a direct file copy without any resampling. If the recoding was in LP and less than 4 hours it should fit and leave space for another recording.

You may have a problem, but your description doesnt really pinpoint whether this is the case or not as it is not clear what exactly the circumstances are or a what point the error occurs. Does it have a problem if you select multiple recordings in a single dub session for example?

3. babbo100

babbo100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The original programs are recorded in LP mode. I now know that it's a mistake and I have degradation if I go on and then record on DVD.
    However the problem is that it will not dub more than one program and it's not because I don't have enough space. It simply stops after recording the first program of my dubbing list and gives me an error. It does not transition to the second program. I can actually play the first recorded program on the E100 (of course I can't finalize it). I indeed have the problem when I select multiple recordings in a single dub session. Thanks

4. doooon

doooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the very same problem :confused: . Bought a Panasonic DMR E100 about 8 weeks ago, spent the last 6 weeks transfering my VHS recordings to HDD, now I can't dub more than 1 show to a single DVD-R :mad: . I am using Ritek DVD-R's (not problem with these on my Pioneer A05 and A07 drives on my PC!).

I tried shows in all modes - most of them are 20 mins max. The first show records to DVD-R OK, any subsequent shows send the machine into a loop - "BYE" comes up on the display, then it seems to reboot & SELF CHECK re-appears on the display. The only was to break the loop is power off the machine. I have now stuffed about 12 DVD-R's trying different combinations. I don't have any problems with recording say a 2 hour movie from HDD to DVD-R, as long as it is only a single title. Don't seem to have the same problem with DVD-RAM.

Any ideas? Is there a batch of these out there with this problem? Is there are firmware patch released for fix to correct this problem?

I have read the manual in detail 20 times - can't work out whats wrong.

Thanks. :)

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    doooon - are you trying to dub the programmes individually or are you adding them all to the dubbing list in one go?

It sounds like a media compatibility problem to me though. If you having a problem like this always try a decent branded make of disk and you will soon find out whether it's the disks.

6. Thomasmtx

Thomasmtx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem, I am using Maxell DVD-R discs.
    I have no problem dubbing 1 program from HDD to DVD-R but when I dub mutiple programs to a DVD-R my unit says bye a restarts itself.
    I found the only way to do it was to dub 1 program at a time then finalise the disk when they have all completed.
    Was a dodgy batch manufactured? is there a firmware upgrade I wonder?