cant download live messenger SDF-ERROR

JonnyConcrete

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I put my vodafone sim in my new Nokia 6220c that is on 3 to try and copy my contacts. After putting my 3 sim back I couldn't use my games or live messenger, when I try and open them it says:

Unable to open:
Certificate MIDP2 Authority6 - Operator Protection Domain not found. SIM changed or removed. You may want to uninstall application.

After uninstalling messenger it wouldn't let me reinstall it (cant remember what it said).

I tried changing a few settings on my phone which just made things worse and it struggled to even go online for a few days. The customer services sent me a message that let me save the connection settings and after a while seemed to work. My phone has been really fast connecting to the net today.

Now when I try to download Live messenger I get this error:

SDF-ERROR

Oops!

Sorry there is a slight technical glitch.

If you try again now, this service should work. In the unlikely case it doesn't, hit the triangle key to return to today on 3. Sorry for the inconvenience.

don't worry about the details below, this helps our engineers.

Reference ukl43i5MSN-128590
Error code:000
Dare/Time Mon Jan 19 18:56:35

The customer services are pretty useless, Ive rang 3 times and they just go through the same steps as when I rang about my phone not connecting. and just keep resetting factory default settings and sending me the settings through a text message.

Has anybody heard of this SDF-ERROR or know what I can do to rectify this?

CS did book my phone in for repair but I would like to try and sort it myself if possible.

I wish I didn't put my old sim in now, the phone was working perfectly before.

hi,
got same error today after hard resetting my skypephone s2 (3 network).
i did the reset due to installing some games i had downloaded and the phone started telling me that there was no signals being recieved.
any how i will be looking into this and when i find any thing or not i will let you know.

from the little i have seen upto now it looks like a file that needs changing it`s some values (a bit like going into the reg edit on the pc) but will have to see what i can find. :thumbsup:

Thanks if you find anything please do let me know.

I cant even send them an email. When I go to use there online form it says I havnt enter details in all fields when I have.

Getting very annoyed now.

hi,
I have not got msn messenger now working back on my phone.

i was advised by three to reflash the firmware of the phone but i could not find any for my 3 skypephone s2 any where so i did a reset again but the same,
i repeated this about 3 or 4 times then got an error message saying http error tried downloading it a few times then it finally loaded in.

so just try master resetting your phone a few times maybe the master reset as a few bugs ?.

and tr this website Skypephone
orif you are using another type of phone google a forum for that type of phone
i hope this may be of some help i know reseting again and again is a pain but it did the trick for me while i was looking on the net for fixes.
let me know if you get it done and if not your phone type model and when i get a little time will try and have a look for a solution.
regards mark..:)

I put my vodafone sim in my new Nokia 6220c that is on 3 to try and copy my contacts. After putting my 3 sim back I couldn't use my games or live messenger, when I try and open them it says:

Unable to open:
Certificate MIDP2 Authority6 - Operator Protection Domain not found. SIM changed or removed. You may want to uninstall application.

After uninstalling messenger it wouldn't let me reinstall it (cant remember what it said).

I thought Id give it another go tonight and it let me download messenger but the original problem persists.

It says "Certificate error. Contact the application supplier"

After a quick google the only advice I could find was to set software installation to all and online certificate check to off but that is what they are all ready set too.

Ill give CS a ring tomorrow and see if they can help.

Just phoned CS and the guy said straight away that its a problem there side that a lot of people are getting it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom