1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't do Anamorphic Squeeze on Sony

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by GagHalfrunt, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I can't remember if I posted this before:

I have a Sony 1271QM which I'm trying to get working on a 16:9 screen. (well actually it's broken ATM but that's another story).

I can set the projector up fine at the correct distance - but I can't squeeze the vertical enough to do anamorphic. When I set VSIZE to 0 there are still a number of inches left off the top and bottom of the screen.

The only way round I have found is to use Powerstrip and set a lot of porch but I'm not sure what negative effect this will have.

Any ideas? Are there any more powerful adjustments than in the Service Mode?

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    With the older style projectors which were built before anamorphic video came into use this can often be the case.

I'm sure the 1270/71/72 will do 16x9 you should have size adjustment for the basic install then for each individual source.

Look down the green tube how much space is there left and right at the widest point.

3. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    At the default size there is about 1/2cm of border left and right of the raster (at least there was b4 it decided to leak it's coolant)

I tried adjusting both VSIZE and RGB SIZE at setup and at the resolution I wanted.

I posted this onto the AVS Forum and several people had seen the problem with no cure. Oddly there were also plenty of 1271 owners who have it working. Even Curt Palme had come across my problem without a cure.

I tried adjusting the vertical size in Powerstrip and at a certain point the projector looks like it auto-compensates and re-unsquashes the picture.

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    I've not come across this myself with 1270/72/51 etc. It is usually at or near limits on vertical size with 10-20 to spare on horizontal.

I would try a complete memory erase and set up from factory defaults once it's back on track.

Gordon

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Ah well, You got the female version of this projector.

I've just tried it on a 1270 and a 1271 and both were on the limit but did do it. Which doesn't help you I know. I looked all over and cant find a vertical amplitude pot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.