1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant display on the TV!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by lornee, Aug 18, 2003.

1. lornee

lornee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help please, this must be something simple. I have had my TRV33 a couple of months now, I've made films, edited them and burned to SVCD and they play, all is great until yesterday when I tried to view through the TV.
    I have connected audio and vid to the front of the TV, no good so I have connected the scart con to the back of the TV, still no joy next I have connected the Y,R,W of the AV cable to the front of my (new) Toshiba VCR, no luck so next is the scart at the back of the VCR (with the 2nd scart to the TV) .
    During this I have set the camcorder menu to; A/V-DV OUT in (v) and also tried in "etc" setting V-OUT/LCD and all these connections are through the yellow Aud/Vid plug of the cam.
    Have I missed something basic? thanks in advance.
    Lornee

2. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    >>>During this I have set the camcorder menu to; A/V-DV OUT <<<

If you are just playing back the footage, you just need to set the camera to VCR mode and press play. ;)

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Have you set the TV or VCR to the AV input that the cam is connected to?
    The TV/VCR will not autoswitch to the correct input like the TV will when useing the VCR.

Mark.

4. lornee

lornee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the answers, I have just been trying it again on another TV set but still nothing.
    Mark, do you mean like a video channel? my main TV (passed on to us from mother in law has no instruction book) dosent seem to need a video channel as vids just play over whatever channel is on but there is a switch on the handset to set to vcr and I have tried this and every channel with the cam set to play.
    Lornee

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    On the TV remote you should have a button marked as AV or a picture of a square with an arrow pointing into it.
    Plug the cam into the TV. Play back the video and then press this button several times. It should switch between the scart socket(s) and the front AV input.
    My VCR has 'input select'. This does the same as above, just set the TV to the VCR channel.

Mark.

6. lornee

lornee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark, what a guy! so that was all it was, a button with a square and an arrow (on the portable, a circle with an arrow in it) it even works now thru the video, only when switched off of course ! I must have missed that bit in the instruction book, so now,about my mobile phone.......
    Lornee

7. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Yeah, Scart and AV never work on a 'channel' as it were. Worth noting for future reference.