cant decode my files :(

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Margaret1980, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Margaret1980

Margaret1980
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello all

i was wondering if anyone here could help me. i have pluged my i-pod into my home cinema system using a usb connector, and for some reason my files show F01 F02 etc followed by xxwt and random four letter codes, which is the title of my track i wish to play. in the manual it shows English, and i have tried looking every where to turn this coded tracks into English. It's not the language I'm missing here as everything is in English.

regards Margaret.

2. andy1249

andy1249
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,654
    Anything transferred to your ipod through itunes is obfuscated , meaning tracknames and so on are encrypted.

These can be recovered on a PC using various pieces of software , but not on a home cinema USB connection. ( unless the firmware of the home cinema has such software , most do not )

Its a form of copy protection.

On some ipod docks for av receivers , this is overcome by providing a video connection along with the sound connection in order to show track names from the screen.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  3. ChrisAV

ChrisAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Or some, like the Yamaha YSD-11, also allow tack names to be scolled across the amps LED display.

Chris

4. barrymorri

barrymorri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the same problem with a sony dav 260.
    unfortunately i dont have a clue either.
    help someone . please.