Question Can't decide...

ChrisN

I'm a (very) casual gamer who hasn't gamed in ages. Now the little one is at school and I'm working from home more I fancy getting back in to it.

Question is whether I pick up a second hand PS4 Pro now the 5 is coming out or go for something like Stadia?

I had a quick look at Stadia and the cost of the games seems extortionate (maybe it's just me, haven't bought a game in 5yrs or so) but obviously the initial outlay would be less.

Had a PS4 before but would like a pro as I now have a 4k TV.

I don't want to shell out loads as it's probably something I'll only do for a couple of hours a week.

dannius

It cost is of concern then a second hand Pro would give you access to lots of cheap PS4 games you’ve missed out on during your time away from gaming, and would look great on your 4K TV.

An alternative option is an Xbox with a sub to Game Pass Ultimate, the initial outlay would depend on the model you went for but then you’d only need to pay £10.99 (can also be had for less via various methods) a month for access to 100 games.

ChrisN

That's what I figured. I guess there'll be a lot of PS4 Pros coming up nearer the PS5
release date.
I didn't know if the new streaming systems offered anything over having a console.

dannius

That's what I figured. I guess there'll be a lot of PS4 Pros coming up nearer the PS5
release date.
I didn't know if the new streaming systems offered anything over having a console.
I’ve not paid Stadia too much attention as it seemed the usual half baked effort that Google make with most of their hardware and services, but there’s a Stadia section of the forum with some active users if you’re interested: Google Stadia Game Streaming Platform

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom