1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't control Amp Volume with Sky+ Remote anymore

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Fisher, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Fisher

Fisher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I posted this over in the Digital Spy forums and thought I would try here as well...

Equipment:
    Sky+ Box: Amstrad (Model A20A80A)
    OS Version: 1.31A08
    EPG Version: Sky+ 1.28.d
    Sky+ Remote: Sky rev.4, RC1680/00 (From original Sky+ box which was a Pace version 2)
    TV: Loewe Aconda 9381ZW
    Amp: Sony STR-DB940

Problem:
    I am trying to sort this out for my uncle. When he had Sky+ installed it was the Pace version 2 box and I set his system up so the sound on the TV was always fed through the Amp (Digital or Analogue) using the Sky+ remote, 18 months later and the hard drive fails so he gets the £65 replacement done by Sky and his initial (and only) problem is when he switches Sky+ to standby to view analogue TV (for local news) and the Sky+ remote won't control the volume on the amp. He phones Sky and the 'standard' person try's several things without success so passes him onto their 'technical' department who takes him through inputting all the four figure codes again plus turning the box off unplugging it and removing the viewing card. One and a half hours later he finishes his call to Sky and now he can't even control the volume of the amp with the Sky+ remote when viewing sky, he has to use the amp remote. What is happening is when you press the volume control on the Sky+ remote the TV graphic comes up but no sound comes out as we have set the TV to only use the sound of the amp. I have tried re-inputting the four figure code this morning and all four codes I have for the Sony seem to work the amp as they all manage to turn the amp off and on but none of them work the volume they all still bring up the volume graphic on the TV.
    One final thing, the Sky+ remote is the one he got with his original installation (Pace box), would this be causing the problems.

Can anyone help as I really don't know how to get round this.

Fisher

2. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    You don't seem to have the correct code for the Sony Amp. What code did you use originally (how did you find it?)

3. Fisher

Fisher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sam

Thanks for the reply.

I got the codes from the Digital Spy site which is where I got the original codes 18 months ago.

The codes I have tried are 1086, 1186, 1286 and 0186.

As I said in the original post, all of the above codes will switch the amp off and on using the left arrow key but none control the volume.

If you have any other codes I would appreciate it.

Andy

4. sparkymark75

sparkymark75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +364
    If using the left arrow key will switch the Amp on/off, then the up/down arrow keys should control the volume. Depending on the version of Sky+ remote you have, you may be able to use the actual volume control on the Sky+ remote to control the volume on your amp.

Try holding <Select> + <1>, if your Sky+ remote blinks twice, it's worked and you should now be able to use the Sky+ volume control to control the volume on your Amp. You can switch back by using <Select> + <2>.

Good luck!

5. Fisher

Fisher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'll try that, thanks but when I set it all up 18 months ago and up until my uncle talked to Sky he could change the volume of the amp using the volume controls on the Sky+ remote. The box has been changed but the remote is the original.

6. Fisher

Fisher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Partly sorted the problem out.
    It appears I have to do a final stage to the programming that I didn't have to 18 months ago. I got the following from http://www.humvee.co.uk/sky.htm website;
    "Press TV Key. Hold down select and press 1 until the remote's LED flashes twice (if it only flashes once or remains on steady I'm afraid your remote does not support this feature). Press Sky key and enjoy".
    I still have one problem and that is when the Sky+ box is put into standby to view analogue TV the volume control on the amp moves up and down but no sound comes out.
    I'll carry on searching for an answer.

Andy