Cant connect to Dune media player

Pretorian24

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the Dune 4k HD player. It has worked for years.
I have it connected to my Mac.
Yesterday was a power surge for a few minutes and I had to restart my mac. I have done that before.
But now when I try to access my network folders from the Dune it says I dont have permission. I have not changed anything.
I tried to write the IP manually but it does not work. I tried removing all the shared users from my mac and add a new onebut same error.
Why cant I connect anymore?

Have you tried restarting the network router in case that is part of the problem.

Can the Dune see Serviio or Plex/Emby as UPnP/DLNA media server running on the Mac ?

Have you tried restarting the network router in case that is part of the problem.

Can the Dune see Serviio or Plex/Emby as UPnP/DLNA media server running on the Mac ?
Thank you. I will try to restart the router.
I am not following you Serviio. I heard of it when googling soultions for this. Is it a software?

Here you can see my settings on Dune and on filesharing on the Mac.
283F1E07-B6FE-4989-BBC3-224FD6790813.jpeg

4820BEDA-2BC6-4F95-98CF-457F29B7923D.jpeg

3E2B731A-7BC9-4880-939F-ED627F68BFFA.jpeg

Your Dune is accessing Samba (SMB) network shares on the Mac.

This isn't the easiest thing to diagnose or solve which is why a reboot of everything is recommended.

If that has not solved it try creating a new sharing only user account on macos just for the dune instead of using your own account, see if that works.

DLNA is another approach for sharing media, Serviio is a DLNA media server that can run on macos, if you have it up and running it should auto appear in the Dune network browser.

You must add folders holding media into Serviio shared folders then it will scan them (see getting started). This will at least let you know if the Dune has some means to read the mac, just not through Samba.

This isn't the easiest thing to diagnose or solve which is why a reboot of everything is recommended.

If that has not solved it try creating a new sharing only user account on macos just for the dune instead of using your own account, see if that works.

DLNA is another approach for sharing media, Serviio is a DLNA media server that can run on macos, if you have it up and running it should auto appear in the Dune network browser.

You must add folders holding media into Serviio shared folders then it will scan them (see getting started). This will at least let you know if the Dune has some means to read the mac, just not through Samba.
Ok. I just installed Serviio and set it up by finding and sharing my two HDDs. So on the Mac side and in the Serviio console evertyhing looks good. I will try and reach it from my Dune.

I try to go through Network Broser on Dune but should I see something different and new there?
It looks the same. I click through WORKGROUP and all that until I reach my HDDs and I try to open but same error. NETWORK RESOURCE IS NOT ACCESSIBLE.

Should I do something in the Network Settings on Dune or should I find a folder called SERVIIO?

I am not sure what Serviio does. Should I write down a folder path or an IP adress?

The craziest thing! It works.
First I tried with the Serviio but same error. Then I did a "real" reboot of the Dune since you said I should do that. I am not sure if that was what was needed to get it to work.

Can someone explain how I setup a shared network so I can access my ripped movies frim my window's pc. I have a dune media player. Which option you i select in network browser?. I have allowed shared folders on my pc.

Can someone explain how I setup a shared network so I can access my ripped movies frim my window's pc. I have a dune media player. Which option you i select in network browser?. I have allowed shared folders on my pc.
Here is a start, come back if you need more. It’s a bit more of a faff than some media players but once you’ve don’t it first time it’s a synch afterwards. I suggest using the app since it’s easier to type into than the remote. The “Option” button in Dune is always your friend to bring up actions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom