Cant connect my amp to my minidisc deck

soundwave43

Novice Member
View attachment 643078View attachment 643079 hi can anyone help me with connecting my mini disc to my amplifier im no newbie to setups ive tried everything i can think of to no avail there are 4 optical inputs 2 are used for digi box and dvd they work perfectly the other 2 are md. Dont know what else to do cant get any sound from my md to play through the amp it worked before with another amp i had. Was wondering if the amp is faulty anyone got any idea

soundwave43

Novice Member
View attachment 643078View attachment 643079 hi can anyone help me with connecting my mini disc to my amplifier im no newbie to setups ive tried everything i can think of to no avail there are 4 optical inputs 2 are used for digi box and dvd they work perfectly the other 2 are md. Dont know what else to do cant get any sound from my md to play through the amp it worked before with another amp i had. Was wondering if the amp is faulty anyone got any idea
uploadfromtaptalk1446894543637.png
uploadfromtaptalk1446894568926.png

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Have you tried using the phono (analogue) connections instead of the optical ones?

Last edited:

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Should work fine, the only difference will be that the audio is processed by the DAC in your minidisc player instead of the amp/receiver.
One more thought, did you make sure you didn't have the optical input and output mixed up?

soundwave43

Novice Member
So will it work with just one audio inputs in the phono. Will that deal with play and record. No i did put the opticals in the correct in outs then i mixed them the other way didnt work. So will try in the phono cheers

Roohster

Distinguished Member
So will it work with just one audio inputs in the phono. Will that deal with play and record. No i did put the opticals in the correct in outs then i mixed them the other way didnt work. So will try in the phono cheers

You need to connect two pairs.
The output from the minidisc to the input on the receiver, then output of receiver to input of minidisc. The receiver probably has two pairs labelled as "tape" which would be ideal.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom