cant change channel while recording?

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can change channel while not recording anything. but when recording one or two things i cant change channel? i can record two things so its not the LNB but if i try to change channel from there it doesn't bring up the box to cancel one of the existing recordings it just wont let me change?

anybody else experienced anything like this?

You can't record two channels and then watch a third channel.

yes but you should be able to change the channel by pressing the channel change button this then brings up the cancel recordings box you then select a recording to cancel then you can change channel. mine will not bring up the cancel recording to change channel box.

found out what it was i got a corrupted software update because my signal quality on one of the LNBs was 0 while the software update was being done. sorted it by turning off at the mains sorting out the 0 signal quality issue, then doing a forced software update.

alls fine now sky box's you've got to love them :laugh:

..... this then brings up the cancel recordings box you then select a recording to cancel then you can change channel. mine will not bring up the cancel recording to change channel box.

I doubt anybody's will!

You can either go into Planner and cancel one of the recordings or cancel the one you are watching by pressing Record.

yes but you should be able to change the channel by pressing the channel change button this then brings up the cancel recordings box
Why should you be able to do it that way?
I've never come across a recorder that lets you do that.

i don't think I'm explaining it very well but try it. record 2 programs on two separate channels then you should be only able to watch one of those two channels. then press the ch button on your remote this then brings up the channel change box on your screen which says in order to view the other channel you must choose a recording to cancel you then use the recording to cancel with the select button. no need to press the record button to cancel or to go into the planner to cancel the recording.

Just tried it - you are absolutely correct!!

Last edited:
I can't try it - my Thomson has expired.:D

I got a new one but may decide to fix and re-use the old one.
Watch out for a customer.

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom