***! Can't believe this!!

Sebastalona

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Ran the update, installed the game. Pressed ok and it is hanging on the Gran Turismo 5 logo screen. I quit the game, reloaded it and it is hanging again!!

EDIT: It has just come up with a message saying it cant connect to server, and has allowed me to start it. Panic over, but that was a good few minutes it took (without indication it was doing anything!)

Ran the update, installed the game. Pressed ok and it is hanging on the Gran Turismo 5 logo screen. I quit the game, reloaded it and it is hanging again!!

EDIT: It has just come up with a message saying it cant connect to server, and has allowed me to start it. Panic over, but that was a good few minutes it took (without indication it was doing anything!)

And they said system sellers were dead :rotfl:

Just spotted your gamecard - 0 plats 0 gold 0 silver 0 bronze and GT5 installed and ready to go :D

I had same problem I thought it was my machine or disc playing up :D

And they said system sellers were dead :rotfl:

Just spotted your gamecard - 0 plats 0 gold 0 silver 0 bronze and GT5 installed and ready to go :D

Ok, so I Panicked a little:laugh:

I don't know why my gamercard doesn't update, it's been like that since I put it up:confused:

Anyway, must dash:smashin:

same happened to me. It will also happen after you have watched the intro. Not sure why can't connect to the server though.

same happened to me. It will also happen after you have watched the intro. Not sure why can't connect to the server though.

Maybe because game isn't supposed to be out until tomorrow?

Was just about to post a thread on this. If you dont install on the patch you dont get this issue!

Probably because as has been said already, the servers aren't up and running yet as the game doesn't officially launch until tomorrow.

Because the patch itself was to enable the online side:if you don't have the patch, it won't try to find a server, hence you don't sit on a 5 minutes hung logo screen.:)

cool. glad i spent another hour reinstalling after i thought i had a corrupt save game file! boooooya reinstalling :thumbsdow

had lunch switched it back on, now ive done the update its takes ages going from intro screen to choose arcade or gtlife, was working fine before miday, online racing was fun, had no issues, its just hanging on that screen after choosing gtlife, :mad:

had lunch switched it back on, now ive done the update its takes ages going from intro screen to choose arcade or gtlife, was working fine before miday, online racing was fun, had no issues, its just hanging on that screen after choosing gtlife, :mad:

Mentioned in another thread mate, if you turn your wireless off from the settings on the PS3 XMB, or unplug your ethernet cable it should stop it trying to connect to servers.

However, after the intitial wait at the loading screen/main menu, it seems to be fine when you actually get into GT Mode, Arcade etc.

I don't want to disconnect incase I miss any trophies.

I've gave up on it myself now. I had a quick blast in arcade but as soon as I switch to try GT Mode it just seemed to hang for good. Oh well, sure it will sort itself out.

Just had the same snag .. but my game file said I had played for 28 Days .. decided to bin it and start again. I was only at Level 5 anyway.

cool, cheers for that, have signed out of psn let it load up to gtlife, have signed back in, but cant connect to open lounge, , maybe the servers are down :laugh:

Ok, so I Panicked a little:laugh:

I don't know why my gamercard doesn't update, it's been like that since I put it up:confused:

Anyway, must dash:smashin:

'Cos it probably needs the servers m8 and the servers are probably not running 'till tomorrow - that's a penalty for getting the game a day early :rotfl:

Besides, it's not fair that you can rank up online before I get my copy tonight @ midnight :lesson:

Wait and see what happens tomorrow - server crashes out 'cos too many online :rotfl:

Sort of fixed now as it comes up with a server undergoing maintenance message now which is quick.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom