Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Canopus or Hollywood?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by scragend, Feb 4, 2005.

1. scragend

scragend
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a shedful of VHS tapes that I want to transfer onto DVD. At present I have an analogue capture card in my PC which I am using. The quality is OK but not great.

Am I right in thinking that using some kind of DV converter and connecting via FireWire would give better quality?

And if so, which is better - the Canopus ADVC or the Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree, in which case any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I use the Canopus ADVC-100 (which is bi-directional, the ADVC-50 is analogue to digital only).

It is great device , no dropped frames , audio in sync & very easy to use :smashin:

3. scragend

scragend
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, if I get one it will definitely be the Canopus. Just need to save up...

Will there be a noticeable increase in quality over the analogue capture card I'm using now? I wouldn't want to spend all that cash and not be able to tell the difference!