1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon XL1 16x9 anamorphic adapter

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Mr.D, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Mr.D

Jul 14, 2000
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I've been doing a little investigation into the best way to shoot DV with a veiw to resing up to 35mm motion film. I say shoot in frame mode and use an anamorphic 16x9 adaptor rather than the digital crop and stretch 16x9 mode on the camera.

However although I can find mention of such adaptors for the xm1 I havn't been able to find one for the XL1. I would prefer to shoot using the xl1 by virtue of its wider selection of lenses and lower noise levels: I was intending to buy a second hand xm1 for standby use and as a player to digitise from ( rather than put additional wear on the more expensive xl1(s) ).

Some people have suggested that shooting on a more modern camera ie a vx2000 in fields instead of frames and then performing a deinterlacing process on the files before transferring to film would give better quality as a result of the newer electronics having a sharper overall picture: Having some experience in this matter I disagree and maintain that the frame mode on the canons although not a real progscan mode is a better type of interpolation as its happening on capture rather than after recording. ( higher than video res and prior to compression)

So has anyone seen an anamorphic attachment for the xl1 series or will I have to make do with an xm1 ?