Canon TX1 720p video examples

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Quilgy, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Quilgy

Quilgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Canon recently announced the new 7MP Powershot TX1 which also just happens to have 720p hi-def video capability. They aren't out in the UK yet but I picked one up off eBay and have taken some videos with it to see what the quality of the HD video is. So far I have been really pleasantly surprised given this is a point and shooter first and a camcorder second.

I am now more than happy to offload my MiniDV camcorder in favour of the TX1 not only because of the HD, but because it's so damn small as well.

Anyone else got one of these yet? What are your thoughts on it?

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Had some trouble downloading the clips (it would take a long time downloading something before I would get the option of downloading the file) so only managed to download the first clip, but that was impressive. I'd like to see how it does in low light, but in good lighting it's quite impressive.

3. ic1male

ic1male
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This sounds absolutely ideal for me as someone who likes photos and video but can't be arsed with the rigmarole of editing.

Will have to investigate further when I get home from work and check out your sample videos.