Question Canon S70 speakers

ktmkid

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for a set of above speakers. I know there getting on a bit now. But the wife love these speakers more than any other I have every owned. So as I now have cinema room. Back room needs these speakers.
Sorry if posted in wrong place. You move post or as link. Thanks

I am looking for a bit of help to do that ! I see classified adds, I see speakers , but I can only view, it will not let me post this add. Any clues as I am signed in? Thanks in advance..

I will look into that. I have managed to post add from laptop. as it will not let m do it from phone.
thank you for your help, I appreciate it

Thats the problem. You can't post an Ad via the App

I am still leaning these things . I am so bad with computer stuff. I have to guess it, I need a helpful spotty teenager to help me!

How much money do you have to spend?

And does it have to be the Canon S70, and is that Canon or Canton?

There are hundreds of good speakers out there made by people who specialize in speakers. Canon make printers, cameras, and a variety of other stuff, I doubt that their speakers are the best engineered.

Again, if we can get a working budget, there are hundred of speakers to choose from.

I'm going to guess these are the speakers -

Canon S-70 - Hi-Fi Database - Satellite and Surround Speakers

4414-canon_S70.JPG

These are somewhat obscure gimmick speakers, and I don't imagine you will have much luck finding them. Best set your sights on something else.

I would urge you to consider something like this -

These are amazingly clear and detailed speakers -

Q Acoustic 3020 Bookshelf - £120/pair -

Q Acoustics 3020 Speakers Per Pair

If you want to trim back the budget even more, then consider these older Warfedale Diamond 9.1 -

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Bookshelf - £95.00/pair -

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Speakers (Pair) - Superfi

Good luck, but I suspect this is a very rare speaker.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:
Thanks for your input. I have Jamo D7s thx speakers in front room for cinema surround sound.
Just fancied a pair in the back. Wife not happy as I have speakers in ceilings bathroom garage.
So only speakers she wants are the above.
CANON S70 she liked them. Understand you may get clearer sounding speakers, but these are for her. Not me. Thanks

Flat Panel Speakers -

Kef T101 Speakers (Pair) - Superfi

I asked several question about budget... you didn't answer them.

Good luck finding these speakers as they seem to be exceptionally rare. There are several used equipment websites in the UK, check them out.

Steve/bluewizard

Good grief how many of those 9.1s did Superfi buy, I got mine from them at least five years ago, think I paid £99, excellent value!

Not sure if this thread is still alive and if you're still looking for a pair of s70's.

I have these at home, purchased from the chap who made them in 1996, I'm thinking of changing my speakers and could be tempted to let them go for the "offer I can't refuse"

Cheers

Trevor

Attachments

• DSC01604.JPG
    DSC01604.JPG
    741 KB · Views: 303
Hi,

If you’re looking for an offer on them then they need to go in the Classifieds please.

Thanks

i had a pair of Canon s50's back in the 90's as speakers for my computer
strange little things which sounded quite civilised at low volumes, they were ok for the purpose i
bought them from cleartone in bolton which had the larger s70's in but in my opinion way over priced for what they were is the only thing i remember about them

Can you remember the original retail price for the S70? The S50's still looking cool to me :) I have a prototype pair of S25's as well that I used for PC speakers for nearly 20 years :)

I think the sound from the S70's has to be heard to be believed, still to this day I'm amazed at how good they sound without a visible speaker...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom