1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon Projectors... Can someone recommend something?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by l33750rz, Oct 2, 2005.

1. l33750rz

l33750rz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, this is the deal... I live in the United States (New Orleans)... There is basically one place that sells A/V stuff here and they only carry Canon / Sony / Infocus. If I act on it right now, I can buy any Canon Projector at wholesale price. Can someone recommend a nice Canon projector or just straight up tell me if they are junk. And out of the 3 types, which would be the best to get: Sony / InFocus / Canon.

Things I want:

HDTV Comp.
    HDMI Input
    High Resolution
    Long Lamp Life

Things I am not worried about:

Weight
    Size

I am looking for a projector in the $1,000 to $2,000 range. Someone help me please ;)

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    cant help on the canon....

or sony..

on the infocus side, all i can say is your price limit will get you HD inputs, but not HD resolution.....at least not that im aware, the 7205 is the minimum Infocus home cinema PJ to do 1280x720......however if you can work out a way to afford it i highly recommend it, am more than happy with mine :)
    you might get the 5700 for your money, that has the HD inputs, but DVD resolution (1024x576).....but is a highly lauded player for the money....