Canon Prixma i4500... is it expensive to run?

heth

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just had my second Epson die due to "parts being at the end of their service life" and actually don't feel like giving Epson any more money as a result. However, I know Epson printers mean cheaper ink cartridges.

I've seen great reviews for the Canon Pixma iP4500 but my only hesitation is the cost of the cartridges (I'm told about £25 for a set of compatables). But then all the reviews of Epson printers say that they drink ink like no tomorrow.

Does anyone have the iP4500 and can you report back on how efficient it is in running costs?

Thanks

Last edited:
£25 sounds about right for a full set of cartridges that include the chip. But unchipped (use chip from old cart) are from about £15 a set Here.

Mark.

and cartridges from under 50p each (I assume unchipped) Here.
They also sell a chip resetter for keeping track of ink levels on reused chips for about £10 (works great - I have one for my iP6700D).

Mark.

Thanks for all that. I've bitten the bullet and ordered one. Haven't ever had to take chips off cartridges and stick them on new ones... I assume its easy?

Also been seeing lots of posts about continuous ink supplies. Have you had any experience with that? It sounds good, but also sounds potentially messy

Cheers

Heather

Chips are easily removed with a small knife to cut through the thin plastic that hold it in place. You then just slot it into the new cartridge.
I've never used a CISS as I don't do enough printing. I have looked at them though and they seem easy enough to install. It is then just a matter of topping up the ink bottles.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom