1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon Powershot S2 IS vs. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 - which to go for?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Alan D, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you help me decide between these two cameras? They both appear to be the same spec, both are well reviewed. Aside from the Panasonic offering TIFF capture, is there anything else that gives one the advantage over the other?

2. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,958
    The powershot gives you a far better movie mode than the Panasonic, in fact it's the best there is at the moment on any camera.

3. SimonG156

SimonG156

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have the S2 and the biggest feature is the swivel LCD. You will not believe how useful it is. Shots over the heads of crowds at Goodwood, test macro shots of high objects, self porttraits, using it on a tripod the list is endless.

I highly recommend the S2 for ease of use, features, movies and the phots are excellent.

4. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like the sound of the swivel LCD. How does the S2 hold up battery-wise? It's 4xAA, is that a bit cumbersome?

5. SimonG156

SimonG156

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Batteries are superb 100s off a set. 3,4,5, 600! And if they run out, just buy some normal AAs. They will do 1-200. AAs are a big plus.