1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon PowerShot A60

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by HMHB, Jun 5, 2003.

1. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,754
    Am I right in thinking that this camera has everthing that the A70 has but has a lower resolution (2 instead of 3 mega pixels) ?
    I'm starting to think that the A60 would be good enough for me as it seems it will do great quality prints up to about 10x8 - please correct me if I'm wrong. The extra resolution from the A70 could well be wasted on me I think.

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Most jessops have photo prints to show you what various megapixels look like at various sizes, so if you want to see for yourself then pop into a jessops then youll know for sure.

Also http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/BeBit-e.html will give you every single detail on the A60 and A70 right down to menu options.

Its worth noting that althought you may not need the extra resolution, you are assuming you will always use the whole pic. Extra resolution gives you scope to "digitally zoom" or creatively crop the photo. Very handy in my opinion!!!

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,754
    I'm starting to see the light now ! This is something that the newbie to digital photography would not even think about. It's probably going to be worth the extra for the A70 in that case.

4. mellow

mellow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you search around, the price differential between the A60 and A70 is not that great (lowest prices c.£220 for A60, c.£236 for A70 using www.pricerunner.co.uk).

Extra £16 for the A70? - worth it I think - but I'm biased (happy A70 owner) ;)